JOB TITLE: Logistics Manager
REPORTING TO: Head of Supply Chain Management & Business Improvement
LOCATION: Royston, Hertfordshire
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is an excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role in helping to shape the future of Mettler Toledo Safeline X-Ray Supply Chain during a period of rapid and exciting business change. Reporting directly to the Head of Supply Chain you will form part of the SCM Leadership Team.
You will have responsibility for the Logistics function of the SCM business for Mettler-Toledo. This encompasses inbound, outbound, material staging, warehouse and reporting. This is a fantastic time to join the team as we are moving to a new building and you have a real opportunity to have an input into the design and operation of the warehouse and associated processes.
The ultimate aim is to provide the very best possible parts availability to support production ensuring that parts reach their destinations safely, securely and on-time.
* Create, develop and communicate a strategic vision for the logistics function to deliver customer service excellence
* Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconcile physical inventory counts into SAP ERP system.
* Lead activities to improve inventory improvements using Continuous Improvement methodologies.
* Improve and maintain the physical condition of the warehouse through planning and implementing new designs that will provide us with a world class warehouse where you will champion visDoual management, 5S, and lean methodologies.
* Document and develop logistic (inbound, outbound, warehouse & staging) processes & policies.
* Ensure that these are maintained in our business management system.
* Management of logistics function including direct management of the team e.g. staff recruitment and development.
* Ensure that standard work is clear and transparent within the team and create and ensure standard work is carried out within the team.
* Ensure that the logistics function complies with applicable security legislation (Known Consignor/C-TPAT) and health and safety procedures.
* Champion implementation of actions plans to address any gaps within compliance.
* Support team leads in the scheduling and daily work assignment of the team
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Educated to Degree level
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in logistics ideally gained with an automotive/ aerospace background
• Proven leadership skills within a production / operation environment
• Proven ability to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority
• Broad understanding of global logistics challenges (legislation etc)
• Experience in analysing and interpreting data
• Proven communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong negotiation skills
• Highly IT literate (Microsoft applications, SAP etc)
• Thrives in a fast paced, challenging and dynamic environment
• Ability to think strategically whilst ensuring day to day operation objectives are met
• Proactive approach to leadership and influencing
• Passion for coaching and motivating people
• Exceptionally organized with high levels of self-motivation
• A flexible approach to working hours and practice
• Ability to maintain the very highest levels of attention to detail even when under pressure
• Professional at all times
• Able to multi-task
• Dynamic, with the ability to respond to challenging situations in an innovative manner
Additional / Other Requirements
• Attributes should be demonstrable with examples of previous work experience
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.