Advance TRS Construction have been appointed by a leading Main Contractor to recruit for a Logistics Manager - working on a large-scale mixed use project Nr Slough. This would suit a candidate who has previous experience working with a leading construction company in a similar role.
Logistics Manager responsibilities - will include:
· Plan site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently (e.g. hoarding, gates, site accommodation, cranes, hoists, security, temporary services and material delivery.
· Plan internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people. Lay down areas and offloading points.
· Together with the site Project manager and health and safety adviser, write a Construction Logistics Plan and/or Construction Traffic Management Plan in accordance with Local Authority requirements and submit it to the Local Authority for approval. Once approved ensure that the site work within the agreed plan.
Supply Chain Management
· Write to all suppliers describing the characteristics of the site, including site access /egress, storage capacity and arrangement by programme, labour, hoists, cranes etc. Include the requirement for all deliveries to be made in compliance with the Traffic Management Plan.
· Control materials in and out of site by scheduling deliveries to specific time slots.
· Create a system to communicate information around the site e.g. noticeboards, email distribution lists, monitor displays, web pages.
· Manage all movements to and from site and keep associated records.
· Enforce the full use of the organisation's delivery management system.
· Ensure suppliers use appropriate vehicles for delivery.
· Control materials in-and-out of site by scheduling deliveries to specific time slots.
· Ensure that drivers and vehicles meet the required standards before being accepted to site.
· Ensure materials delivered to site agree to the delivery documents and keeping associated records.
· Process the receipt of materials on the Purchase Order system - match the delivery documents to the original purchase order.
· Maintain a written record of the issue of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to individuals.
· Logistics Vehicles, plant, equipment and vertical transport
· Specifying and managing plant and equipment used by Logistics and maintain an asset register.
· Ensure that these vehicles and plant are operated safely by trained personnel and in a legally compliant manner
· Ensure all Logistics equipment is inspected upon delivery and fit for purpose.
· Manage guarding resource including rotas and contingency.
· Understand the roles of standard logistics operatives: labourer, waste operative, handyman and traffic marshall
· Ensure operatives are briefed on their roles and responsibilities.
· Ensure competencies of own team are demonstrable.
This is an Interim position with a view of long-term work for up to 9-months.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.