Our client are a food manufacturing business with their own fleet of vehicles collecting from suppliers to bring to site for processing and then delivering to retail and wholesale customers. They're looking for a Logistics Manager capable of creating a more efficient transport function and corresponding warehousing area. The successful Logistics Manager will be working with transport operational KPIs to tight deadlines and drive improvements by engaging the team and promoting a positive culture. You'll be managing around 20 drivers from the company's own fleet of vans, C1 and C2 vehicles, and have responsibility for the site's operator licence and compliance. You'll also have a significant input around warehousing and storage and best practice for goods in and goods out. On offer is the opportunity to join a fast paced food manufacturing business that invest thoroughly in their staff, giving the freedom and flexibility to create a great working atmosphere.
Logistics Manager - Role and Responsibility:
- Running logistics with primary responsibility for warehousing and transport
- Dealing with a large volume of daily orders and up to 20 drivers
- Manage route planning and scheduling
- Ensure the right level of staffing so that transport and warehousing resources are being used efficiently to cope with delivery volume
- Responsibility of the level of customer service represented throughout the logistics function of the business
- Budget responsibility
Logistics Manager - Skills and Abilities
- CPC Certificate of Professional Competence
- A good understanding of multi-temperature warehouse procedures and compliance
- Supervisory / Management experience, ideally in an FMCG warehousing environment
- Proficient in Transport/Warehouse management systems
- Management and control of top-level cost and productivity KPIs
- Specialising in Logistics will engage you in managing the warehouse teams: Goods In, Selection or Goods Out and the training will ensure you are ready to lead either team successfully
- Hands on Logistics Manager happy to get stuck in when needed, sleeves rolled up type attitude
This is an exciting opportunity to join a positive, supportive team, and earn the utmost in employee rewards and career development at a well-known manufacturing business as Logistics Manager. If this role appeals please do apply now!
Logistics Manager, Transport, Manufacturing, Drivers, Warehousing
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.