Express Recruitment are proud to be working in partnership with one of the UK’s fastest growing manufacturers and suppliers. Due to continued growth, our client is seeking an attentive and self-motivated Logistics Manager to join their talented team.
You will be based at their warehouse depot in South Derbyshire.
In return, our client is offering a competitive starting salary between c£33,000 - £38,000. In addition, you will receive a generous holiday allowance, sick pay, life assurance, medical cash plan, cycle to work scheme, annual bonus and opportunities for further career progression.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage the day to day running of the Logistics Team, carrying out training and development sessions
* Manage staff performance and conduct appraisals, reviews and disciplinaries
* Ensure logistical works are carried out in full adherence to company policies and procedures
* Schedule deliveries and collections for customers, using the most cost-effective methods
* Monitor KPI targets, whilst ensuring actions are taken to meet/exceed weekly & monthly targets
* Lead daily logistics team meeting
* Liaise closely with Warehouse Supervisors across multiple sites to ensure picking/packing tasks meet tight delivery deadlines
* Manage and improve the company’s in-house ERP system and processes
* Strategically manage and plan the safe and timely transfer of goods between each of the company’s multiple sites
* Ensure strict Health & Safety regulations and legislations are always adhered to
Qualifications and Experienced:
* CPC National Certificate essential
* Previous haulage management experience
* Experienced in the transportation of heavy construction/building products preferable
* Demonstrable UK geographical knowledge
* Excellent communication skills on all senior levels
* Proficient IT user, ideally with a range of route planning software (ERP)
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more, please apply now.
Unfortunately, we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.