* To be responsible for the despatch warehouse area & daily deliveries to Customers & branch through the use of manifest system & communication with Sales teams across the divisions.
* Ensuring that the logistics team & vehicles meet the the required legal legislation & all records are maintained in accordance with VOSA.
* This position is key to the effective and efficient management of all logistcs activity to achieve Customer requirements.
* It is anticipated that the Logistics Manager will have strong awareness of logistics and warehousing in conjunction customer standards and expectations.
* In addition particular attention should be given to health, safety and environmental practices and requirements.
* It is also expected that all agreed KPIs will be met and exceeded as well as promoting & adhering to company values To support the General Manager in organising and controlling human and capital resources in order to meet company targets, maintain quality standards and maximise productivity.
* The role is instrumental in creating and sustaining a good safe working environment, and encouraging team working, flexibility and adherence to procedures.
* Planning & organization of labour within the despatch & logistics team to achieve agreed daily delivery manifests, ,ensuring production time / vehicles are fully utilized & productivity maximized
* To monitor / record absence & overtime – proactive actions to be implemented to address negative results/ trends.
* To maintain daily / weekly KPI’s & associated CA/PA’s or improvement action plans to address non compliance
* Service is supplied in accordance to approved Customer & internal quality standards, Company standard practises & procedures to satisfy legal & safety requirements.
* To assist in the development and implementation of “Work Instructions “& Work place standards for all Despatch & logistical areas
* Ensuring that standard working practices are followed on all procedures & services
* Continually monitors existing services & techniques/methods; where identified implements improvements via the correct procedures.
* Monitors & analyses department consumable stock levels
* Controls, maintains, analyses & reports data performance via SQCDP Boards / meetings & Shift brief communications to support results/progress against agreed targets with team
* Liaises with & supports:- - Quality / Accounts on Returns & credits .
* To support General Manager with the delivery of positive KPIs on a consistent basis.
* To support the delivery of business improvement plans throughout the operation.
* To be accountable for the activity and results of the logistics team and all associated costs.
* To drive daily SQCDP meetings and measures with the logistics team
* Ensure vehicle legislative requirements are met ( Maint inspections, MOT, plating., tachographs & defect reports
* Ensure quality assurance compliance and processes within the operation.
* Problem Solving, i.e. liaise with QA & HSE teams to support /resolve NCRs, process improvement, cost reduction, etc.
* Drive high levels of health, safety and environmental protocols at all times. ‘Do not accept second best’.
* To support with the enforcement of all thyssenkrupp policies, ethics and procedures.
* Ensure accurate and effective stock control within the warehouse facility. Controls & liaises on scrap / stock loss & damage.
* Be a point of contact and escalation for all operational issues, suggestions and activity.
* Ensures site is secure at all times & that a safe/clean working environment is maintained for all employees
Hours of work 5:30am - 1:30pm Monday - Friday
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.