Salary: £55,000 plus £15,400 Bonus
Location: Milton Keynes
This position is with a prestigious manufacturer within the scientific industry. The ideal candidate will be a hands on professional and a self-motivated individual. This would suit a dynamic individual who is able to lead from the front to oversee all aspects of the operational functions of a successful and well-respected healthcare organisation.
The logistics Manager role provides management and leadership to the Warehouse Team, Customer Account Controllers, Inventory Controllers and Spare Part Distribution Team through performance management, coaching, empowerment, and appraisal.
* To provide leadership and direction to your team, playing a key role in promoting a high-performance culture where processes are optimised and the sharing of best practice encouraged.
* Controlling your departmental budget, accounting for all costs to ensure variances are managed.
* Work with the UK Logistics Team Leaders and 3rd party warehouse facility in Ireland to ensure all inbound/outbound products are processed accurately.
* Liaise with suppliers as part of European supply Chain management when required, to ensure consistent delivery and forecasting is maintained to minimise costs, inventory control.
* Work internally with the supply chain and customer services team to ensure products are delivered on time to customers. In the event of customer complaints be instrumental in leading the identification of the root cause and resulting preventive and corrective action and a direct liaison with the customer.
* Provide warehouse management and recycling/scrap in line with agreed policy, process and service level agreement. Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, negotiation and regular performance evaluations.
* Establish and monitor supply chain-based performance measurement systems, maintain metrics, reports, process documentation and use systems to proactively improve performance in terms of decision making and organisation performance
* Inventory Management - ensure monthly stock counts are performed on time every time and that adjustments are maintained to within set targets. Manage customer batch holds to ensure an optimum balance between stock levels and demand is achieved.
* Performance Management -ensuring monitoring, measurement and recording of performance against objectives, and goals, regular team reviews and feedback. Timely and effective appraisal through the appraisal system. Monitoring and managing behaviour and attitude.
GCSE Maths and English (grade A*- C or equivalent)
A minimum of 4 years' managerial experience
Proven track record in running a successful logistics operation
A minimum of 4 years' experience in logistics, supply chain & distribution
Competency with MS Office suite of programmes
Recognised qualification in Leadership and Management.
Proven track record of problem-solving and improvement processes
Excellent time management
Proven track record in coaching and mentoring
Clean Enhanced DBS check
Educated to A-Level standard or above
Experience in healthcare logistics
Previous budget control
Practical knowledge of international shipping requirements
Previous experience with the importation of controlled drugs and associated licencing
Excellent Benefits: Holiday Entitlement 28 days plus (8 days bank holiday), Pension, Health Care Insurance, (BUPA)Cash Plan (Simplyhealth), Income Protection Insurance, Educational Grant Scheme, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance 6 times the annual salary, Perkbox and Gym membership
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.