Logistics Manager - Covering North West and Midlands
Biffa plc is the leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. Through the expertise of our people and investment in technology we promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions.
Efficient planning of all aspects of the transport operation, working with the operational managers and depot teams to achieve the most profitable options whilst maintaining service, increase route density and ensuring effective optimisation whilst considering regulatory and legislative implications.
1 Working with the regional operational teams to ensure route optimisation and cost effective maintenance of routes.
2 To manage the inter-depot changing of routes through the planning team, ensuring all planned activities are achievable
3 To be innovative, looking for opportunity within all aspects of the logistics operation
4 To support the training and development of employees where applicable in any aspect of the business
5 To ensure that the financial and health and safety elements of route optimisation are considered
NATURE AND SCOPE
First Choice for Customers
* Manage and support the effective delivery of routes to ensure business growth and optimisation
* Drive a lean culture throughout
Easy to do Business With
* Support the continuous improvement of customer and service provision for the division
* Work closely with the company’s Continuous Improvement team to introduce new working practices and to develop a continuous improvement culture
* Manages optimisation and route planning projects that driver and support improved performance, commercially and operationally.
Building Pride in Biffa
* Supports training needs for all staff working together with the L&D team to grow the knowledge and skills base.
* Coaches staff where appropriate
Working Safely Together
* To keep up to date with waste processing technology developments.
* Supporting the effective management of health and safety within the scope of projects.
Education / Qualifications
* Business Degree
* Prince 2 or equivalent qualification
* Experience with route planning software such as Route Monkey, DPS (LogiX) etc
* Experience as a Logistics/Planning Manager in a large matrix organisation
* Proven track record of working to clearly defined service delivery KPI’s
* Demonstrable experience of successful resource management / cost control
* Lean Management Understanding
* Transport legislation
* Local geographical knowledge
* Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and health and safety legislation environment
* Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical service environment
* Knowledge of production management
* Waste industry knowledge including relevant laws
Skills and Behaviours
* Strong Commercial background
* Good networking and people management skills
* Excellent management and organisational skills
* Willingness to travel within the UK for business meetings and project work at other locations
The role requires someone within easy commute of the Midlands and North West.
In return we offer a competitive package, excellent benefits and real career progression
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.