Role: Logistics Manager
Salary: £30,000 per annum
We are recruiting for a Logistics Manager for a manufacturing company based in Abingdon.
Responsible for all supply chain activities within the facility, including Goods-in, Inspection, Stores and Despatch.
You will ensure the correct processes are followed for inventory movements, traceability and control of products, and continually identify ways to improve productivity and product quality.
Inventory accuracy is crucial to the business and the disciplines surrounding material movements must be enforced and reacted upon. The role will include the interaction with fellow team members to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
• Managing a team of Logistics staff including individual appraisals, employee development, training, Health and Safety and all other aspects of personnel management.
• Managing and planning of Logistics activities ensuring that all of the Company Logistical requirements are met. Escalate any issues as required.
• Ensure a smooth logistical process, from timely delivery of goods to quality of service provided.
• Ensure all the necessary controls and processes are in place to track and account for inventory movements. Carry out stock taking & Cycle Counts as required.
• Ensuring all documented processes are adhered to and are updated as required.
• Continually investigate ways of improving efficiency within the department.
• Ensure the department is always in a clean, organised and auditable condition.
• Ensure ISO and FDA requirements are maintained.
• Maintain up to date training records including fork lift and aviation training certification.
Please apply or contact Ehsan Hussain on (phone number removed) for more information
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.