Are you a highly motivated Logistics Manager? Do you want to work for one of Northern Ireland’s most dynamic and successful companies?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic and progressive specialist joinery and interior fit-out contractor with a reputation for excellence and innovation and an international track record of achievement. The position is a Head Office based role in Antrim.
The post holder will manage the distribution of goods and materials, ensuring on time delivery with full traceability and will be responsible for the commercial vehicle fleet. Duties will include:
* Arrange the cost effective and on-time delivery of goods and materials between suppliers, factory and sites. Provide tracking and full visibility for all shipments
* Identify opportunities to improve transportation methods delivering efficiency, costs, quality and delivery benefits
* Ensure that a high standard of safety is maintained and that all relevant environmental and health & safety regulations and procedures are adhered to.
* Liaise with internal/external customers, transport companies and suppliers to negotiate and set up contracts.
* Implement and manage stock control systems for all tools sent and returned from site
* Manage the timely replenishment of tool containers in accordance with the lists issued by operations. Arrange the return of all containers in the most cost effective manner.
* Co-ordinate the correct disposition of returned material with Stores and Production
* Full management for all imports and exports ensuring full compliance with HMRC regulations.
* Maintain and control transport supplier database
* Maintain service plan for commercial vehicle fleet and Factory lifting equipment
* Management of costs, overheads and personnel relating to dispatch
* 3+ years experience in a similar environment
* Proven track record in a management role with responsibility for logistics and have expert knowledge of import/export and customs regulations.
* Leadership, organisational and communication skills with the ability to keep calm under pressure, make decisions and solve problems.
* Great attention to detail, commercial acumen and cost control are essential
* Excellent starting salary
* Generous leave allowance
* Learning and development opportunities
To apply for this position please click the ‘APPLY’ button now
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.