Logistics Manager - Atherstone - up to £65,920
Our client is an internationally recognised retailer looking for a Logistics Manager responsible for continuous improvement in their inbound supply chain.
Responsibilities for a Logistics Manager
* Identifies cost saving opportunities and develops operational plans for implementation
* Identifies backhaul and freight diversion opportunities considering the net case/unit costs and carrier rates and ensures all related information is up to date
* Obtains and verifies transport rates from logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes
* Monitor logistics costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates
* Develop and maintain a register of domestic and international freight rates
* Supervise use of route optimisation/transport management applications for inbound and outbound freight to ensure that region/division transport requirements are met
* Coordinate with internal/external route optimisation application providers to resolve any system issues and maintain continuous operations of all logistics applications critical to route generation and escalate issue resolution as required
* Manage, train and develop team
Essential experience of a Logistics Manager:
* Ideally a minimum 2 years management experience in retail or FMCG
* Supply chain or logistics background
* Educated to degree level 2:1 minumum
* Familiar with project management and continuous improvement techniques
The successful Logistics Manager can expect:
* Salary between £51,760 - £65,920 DOE
* 5 weeks annual leave + bank holidays.
* Company pension
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance after 2 years
This is a fast paced, dynamic and challenging role which is ever evolving. You need to be ambitious, driven and trustworthy and looking for a long term career move.
If you feel you have experience in the following please apply; logistics manager, operations manager, distribution manager, supply chain manager, transport manager, logistics management.
Please note: due to the number of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.