We are looking to recruit a Logistics Manager to work for a leading developer / contractor in Manchester City Centre. The project is a high rise residential development £50m + in value.
Your duties will be to run the logistics package, including managing the multi-service gang, gate management, deliveries, waste away, site maintenance etc. The site will have Appointed Person so liaise with them overseeing and ensuring that they comply, checking lifting plans meet the standards required and that their operatives have the correct qualifications.
* Assist the Project Team in the coordination of associated trade contractors, which include all logistics and works activities ensuring that consideration is given to the neighbouring / local community
* Attend daily “Black Hat” briefings for the coordination of Trade Contractors and Sub-contractors
* Create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics are represented at site meetings
* Ensure components / equipment are delivered to site in line with the construction programme taking into account any changes on site i.e. design changes or delays
* Specifying and managing plant and equipment
* Maintain an asset register of equipment Mewps and lifting equipment.
* A proven track record of delivery within a construction management or logistics function that has led to performance improvement e.g cost reduction, process/service enhancements, innovation
* Personal commitment to promoting a sustainable approach to logistic procurement and
supply chain development
* Capacity to deal with complex logistics issues, and to implement logistics and supply chain vision, strategy and priorities
To be successful in this role you must possess the following skills and qualifications:
· good IT skills
· relevant experience
· black CSCS card
· blue CPCS for Appointed Person (preferred)
· SMSTS certificate
· 3 day First Aid at Work certificate
Logistics Management role on major development
* CPCS appointed person (Preferred)
* CSCS (Required)
* SMSTS (Required)
* First Aid At Work (Required)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.