Acorn is seeking a talented Logistics Manager to join an expanding retail organisation based in Helston. The company is an exciting vibrant place to work in, consistently pushing the boundaries to work with innovative and new technologies.
This is a new role created to assist the company as they grow and expand into now national and international markets. If successful, you will work closely with the Senior Management team taking responsibility for all Logistics operations. Ideally, you will be from Retail, Wholesale and Digital Commerce background with proven experience delivering successful logistical operations both across the UK and Nationally.
Your role as a Logistics Manager is to organise the storage and distribution of goods from suppliers through to end consumers (B2B & B2C). This will incorporate international shipping modes through to negotiating and overseeing final mile deliveries. You will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and in full (OTIF) and at the budgeted cost. You will also be responsible for transportation, stock control band accuracy, warehousing (UK and International) and monitoring the flow of goods from overseas suppliers and into potential new international markets.
* The central point of contact for Logistics operations for all company operations in the UK and abroad.
* Own and organise the logistics chain, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for ancillary services when required.
* Identify best practices within the logistics network that can be implemented in the wider supply chain.
* Establish and implement procedures, documentation and policies to ensure logistics issues are handled swiftly and cost effectively.
Essential Experience Required:
* Experience in a similar role within a similar sector (Retail, Wholesale and Digital Commerce).
* You will have led and delivered Logistics operations from a budget value of £10 million + per annum.
* You will have experience of sourcing and opening international consolidation and distribution centres at either 3PL or Market place drop ship models / FBA.
* You will have experience of developing and managing relationships with international logistics suppliers.
* Competitive Salary (Above Market Rate) + Profit sharing scheme.
* 25 Days Holiday (Bank Holidays on top).
* Company discount.
* Private pension.
This is a great opportunity to join a market leading company.
If you feel your experience would make you suitable for the role then please contact Ryan Harris at Acorn Recruitment
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.