Logistics Manager, Slough, UK
* Key project management responsibilities include creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the triple constraint for projects which are cost, time, and quality
* Developing a solution how to resolve above requirements based on collaboration with relevant business partners, internal and external
* Supervise, coach and train site staff
* Security and Compound Management staff
* Storage facilities
* Plant and Equipment hire
* Site Accommodation
* Management of Site Set Up budgets with the QS including:
* Management of all costs associated with Plant/equipment Management ensuring Off-Hire of equipment when not in use.
* Day to day direction of Sub-contractors with respect to site logistics.
* Manage Sub-contractors ensuring that they maintain a workable traffic management plan.
* Ensuring that site security operate efficiently and understand their responsibilities.
* Implementing a ticketing system for site deliveries, ensuring that no access is granted to any haulier without prior notice.
* Manage the operation of the site, scheduling and controlling all site deliveries.
* Maintain an up to date plant log including hire or purchase dates, off-hire dates and repair requirements. Generally, maintain accurate records using on site system Eida where possible.
* Liaise and negotiate with suppliers and Sub-contractors procuring required plant, equipment and materials.
* Organise and monitor the storage of materials and their distribution across the site.
* Management of Site Safety in conjunction with Mercury Project Team, including site set up, and ensuring the safe and logical operation of site vehicles.
* Follow up and track site deliveries against the schedule. Use the PSR (Procurement Schedule Report) to ensure supplier/vendor deliveries conform to schedule.
* Strategically plan and manage all Project Logistics, from
* Supplier/vendor to transportation to off-loading on site.
* A construction or engineering background
* Ability to drive a large scale project
* Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
* Excellent communication skills
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Logistics Manager
* Proven record of coordinating and managing large projects
* A trade background with a third level qualification or relevant experience
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.