We are working exclusively with our client in Poole to recruit an experienced Marine Engineer / Maintenance Manager, to join their prestigious team and take ownership for the general maintenance of their fleet. Reporting to the board of Directors, you will be required to carry out maintenance on all of the fleet as well as liaising directly with clients. Working as part of a small team, you will be required to manage a rota system , oversee the general administration to support the boat maintenance and have a good understanding of boat licencing, coding etc.
You should have a thorough knowledge of boat maintenance / marine engineering and proven experience of working with a fleet of boats / RIBs / yachts.
* Carrying out the functional duties of Marine Engineer / Boat Maintenance Manager
* Supervising all contractors, permanent and casual crew as required
* Keeping accurate weekly records of stock, including spares consumed / required
* Raising and reporting any defect and requisitions in a timely manner and sourcing parts or stock as required.
* Carry out scheduled maintenance work as required, ensuring that down time is accounted for
* Source and outsource more technical maintenance works / buy in relevant expertise to complete the work as required
* Adhere to relevant Health and Safety legislation
* Preparing boats to go out to sea, ensuring that they are clean, fuelled and that all relevant safety checks have been completed
* Manage the handover process and ensure that they are returned as per contractual agreements
* Oversee the day to day operations of the fleet and any support staff, during seasonal periods.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Ideally, you will have an RYA power boat licence
* Previous experience as a day skipper / cruise Charter / boat maintenance / marine engineer
* Confident technical experience with the ability to diagnose a problem and fix it, or outsource works as required
* Previous boat service/ maintenance experience is essential
* Good communication skills and the ability to interact confidently with people both over the phone and in person
* Previous supervisory experience would be ideal, but not essential.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.