An opportunity for a Materials and Logistics Manager to join an exciting and fast-growing Manufacturing company based in Hampshire with a salary of up to £38,000. This position will be managing the logistics and hire of materials and will report into the Group Supply Chain Director.
Candidates will be required to have previous experience within Supply Chain and Logistics.
Role responsibilities of the Logistics Manager include:
* Be responsible for the management of the Hire inventory of the group and optimising transport costs.
* Utilising SIOP to optimise stock levels and working capital throughout the group.
* Collaborate with Sales Director to maintain realistic sales forecasts
* Minimise cost transactions of transport of the hire fleet between depots
* Develop a robust order processing procedure and stock utilisation for each depot
* Upgrade slow moving and ageing stock within the fleet.
* Maintain Kanban stock levels at the appropriate level in conjunction with Purchasing and Stores.
* Work closely with Suppliers to improve quality, price and performance
* Manage UK Haulage and transport providers in terms of price, availability and performance.
Person Specification of the Materials and Logistics Manager include:
* Experience in Materials planning and Transport management
* Strong leadership skills
* Experience in management of stock in different depots
* Ability to manage multiple projects, simultaneously, set priorities, identity and address problems, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
* Good communication skills.
This role will be suited to you if you have held a role within or as a Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Manager, Material Manager or Material Coordinator
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.