NORTHERN REGION TRANSPORT MANAGER - CAR TRANSPORTATION SECTOR
"Experienced HGV/LGV Transport Management professional & CPC Holder to manage O Licence and Northern Transport operations."
C£(phone number removed) + Excellent Benefits
Location: Stockton on Tees, Teeside
Our client is the UK division of a highly successful global digital platform connecting vehicle sellers and buyers. Our client's unique platform facilitates the marketing and sale of total-loss, damaged and low-value vehicles. It works with a full spectrum of sellers, including insurers, dealerships, fleet lease and rental car companies, and charitable organizations.
For sellers, our client offers services aimed at maximizing vehicle value, reducing administrative costs, shortening selling cycle time, and delivering the highest economic returns. Specifically, this entails collection of cars from garages and customers to industry leading service levels for delivery to salvage and auction sites.
Our client operates a fleet of HGV 1/LGVs nationally and as Northern Region Transport Manager you will be responsible for vehicle collection, transportation, and delivery, of predominantly accident damaged cars, vans, and other vehicles to auction and other sites in the North of England including Scotland. Vehicle movements are planned centrally and locally utilising state of the art transport and load planning software and undertaken utilising our clients inhouse fleet. Our client has recently invested heavily in a new fleet. You will report directly to the UK Transport Manager.
* Oversee all aspects of the management and compliance of transport operations in the Northern region.
* This will include transport operations and driver compliance in line with relevant legislation set out by the DVSA.
* Ensure a high standard of customer service both internally and externally, ensuring driver productivity and performance in a safe manner.
* Planning of deliveries, collections and forecasts and driver availability to exceed customer expectations.
* Ensure driver compliance and operation within drivers' hours, tachograph regulations and working time directive.
* Daily monitoring and regular audits to ensure full maintenance of the fleet in line with regulatory requirements, ensuring that all documentation is up to date in line with legal, regulatory, safety and O licence obligations.
* Analysis and preparation of transport operations performance management data/KPIs.
* Oversee, review, and deliver compliance to OCRS scoring results, compliance and reporting of drivers' hours, tachographs, work time regulations, insurance declarations, health and safety.
* Strong effective team leadership and management of highly experienced team of sector specific HGV/LGV drivers.
* Ensure processing, analysis and sign off of driver weekly timesheets for payroll and expenses payments.
* All aspects of driver resource planning including holiday schedules, sick leave, completing associated interviews/return to work meetings and documentation.
* Weekly reporting of infringements including weekly debriefs and action plans to ensure compliance with the O licence and company standards.
* Timely reporting of accidents and incidents to include completion of Health and Safety forms, "near miss" incidents in line with legal and insurance requirements.
* Ensure that all transport office team members and drivers always observe and wear appropriate PPE.
* Manage the recruitment and induction of drivers in line with company and legal requirements.
* Manage supplier relationships including with third party maintenance providers.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Good standard of overall education including numeracy and literacy and competency with Excel and Microsoft Office Application including PowerPoint.
* Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) National.
* Previous experience as an O licence holder advantageous.
* Full UK Driving Licence (HGV licence would be advantageous).
* Deep and recent knowledge of safety and training legislation, drivers' hours' legislation, and the legalities of running a fleet are prerequisites.
* Strong assertive, confident, resilient, and influential personality; capable of operating self-sufficiently in an autonomous regional role and able to establish excellent working partnerships within the region and nationally with cross functional colleagues. A team player.
* Excellent and proactive health and safety knowledge.
* Recent/current experience of managing multi-site/regional HGV/LGV fleet in well-established and high performing transport operations environment.
* Strong technical vehicle knowledge to conduct vehicle maintenance audits competently, credibly, and confidently, including signing off defect sheets and wheel re torque documentation.
* Hands on and visible leadership style to engage, motivate and a highly experienced team of drivers.
* A challenging, realistic, and practical approach to the setting of objectives and targets.
* Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet conflicting and demanding deadlines.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX (phone number removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.