OFFICE/TRANSPORT MANAGER – WASTE MANAGEMENT
SALARY UP TO £50K VERY MUCH DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Our client is one of the leading suppliers of waste management, waste to energy and recycling services based in Essex providing amenities to the U.K. and all over Europe.
Due to continued growth and success, they now require an Office/Transport Manager to join their team based in Brentwood.
The role of Office/Transport Manager involves the following tasks.
Responsibilities & Role
* Responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of drivers.
* The routing for a fleet of waste vehicles on commercial waste collection operations, give work instructions and monitor the performance of drivers i.e., briefing/debriefing during course of working day.
* You will also be involved with the admin aspects of the position, ensuring all paperwork is accurately completed.
* You will ensure the vehicles and drivers work within all transport legislation, booking vehicle services and MOT’s.
* Ensure that all health and safety policies are complied with.
* You will also be responsible for the stores/parts department.
Experience & Essential Skills
* You will be from a transport / distribution background either as a manager or a supervisor looking to progress.
* National CPC desirable but not necessary provided you have a good understanding of driver hours, waste management, recycling & commercial collections. (Experience would be a significant advantage.)
* Experience planning for and managing drivers essential
* IOSH/NEBOSH also considered an advantage
* You will have excellent planning skills and a good understanding of compliance.
* You will be extremely committed and have stability in previous roles.
* You will possess excellent written and verbal communication and organisation skills, as well as logistics experience.
* You will have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly Excel.
* Excellent man-management experience is a must.
Should you be interested in this excellent Office/Transport Manager role, please submit your CV to Anna Maguire.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.