Brewster Pratap are working with a fast growing manufacturing business with superb plans for the future to recruit a Planning and Logistics Manager. Located in East Yorkshire they are accessible from York , Harrogate and Hull
This is a really exciting time to join them as the company goes from strength to strength and your role is pivotal in its success.
To coordinate and lead the day to day activities of the operational planning function within the Company, focusing on efficiency and accuracy to support the order fulfilment process including processing inbound orders on to the company systems, planning logistics, route planning, coordinating and planning sub-contractor activity, implementing effective diary management, raising invoices and releasing jobs to production.
* Managing the flow of work against agreed performance indicators
* Identifying risks with the achievement of planned work and implementing timely corrective actions
* Liaising with logistical contractors to ensure efficiency and quality of service provided
* Monitoring the performance of the diary management system to ensure it is inline with customer demands
* Leading a small team and coordinating their actions on a day to day basis
* Monitoring team performance and taking corrective action when needed
* Actively supporting software system updates and developments within the team to aid the automation of the processing of orders
* Implementing team training and effective reviews on a regular basis
* Monitoring the volume of orders released to production to ensure they balance with customer needs and production capacity
* To liaise with the production planning team in terms of volumes of work and potential conflicts
* Monitoring the day to day performance of sub contractors and reporting serious concerns to the Head of Supply Chain
* Monitoring the timeliness and accuracy of invoices being raised with the Finance Team
* Liaising with other Senior Members of the Operations team to ensure orders are being processed in a timely manner
* Ensuring the team adhere to agreed SOP's and working practices when managing customer orders
* Regular updating of actual vs planned performance, including compilation of Daily, Weekly and Monthly figures and reports.
* Identify and implement opportunities to improve the customer’s experience through working systems & processes
* Generating performance reports, analysing trends and patterns to inform future decisions
* Undertaking monthly performance reviews with each team member
* Identifying development goals for the team and implementing coaching and support as needed
* Building close working relationships with a diverse range of sub-contractors
* Monitoring sub-contractor performance
* Monitoring customer feedback against sub contracted staff and taking corrective action when needed
* Process team requests for annual leave.
* Monitor all aspects of absences including Return to Work administration.
* Manage and review regularly all aspects of team and individual performance.
* Qualified to degree standard (preferred)
* Minimum of 5 year’s experience in an Operations environment with 2 years planning/logistics experience ideally gained in a B2C organisation, in a managerial role
* Planning and scheduling work
* Production planning
* Logistics planning and coordinating
* Customer Service
* Implementing planning software
* Invoice administration
£40000 - £45000 plus Benefits
Brewster Pratap Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.