Planning & Logistics Manager
Centrum Pile Ltd are a leading precast concrete pile manufacturing company and are looking for a Planning & Logistics Manager to join their thriving Newark based facility.
This role will be reporting directly to the General Manager.
The post holder will generally be working in a small team in a Factory office environment but will be required on to the factory floor to brief and deliver the production plan as required. This is a fast moving, high pressure environment which will require the suitable candidate to maintain a calm and logical demeanour together with a flexible attitude whilst guiding and mentoring the team.
Monday to Friday 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Joining our team as a P lanning & Logistics Manager you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
* Bonus scheme.
* 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement inclusive of Bank Holidays.
* Contributory pension scheme.
* Training and development opportunities.
What are we looking for?
* People management.
* Compliance management to organisational standards.
* Customer and supplier management and service excellence.
* Cost management (P&L awareness).
* Production planning excellence with a proven track record. Proven track rec ord in business efficiency improvements.
* Managing hauliers and arranging JIT deliveries to various clients on various sites.
* Precast concrete industry exposure is essential.
* Clear leadership and ability to develop people.
* Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Focussed on driving improvements and getting results.
* Team working and collaboration across multiple functions and business units.
* Excellent communication both written and verbal.
* Problem solving and analytical skills.
* Planning, prioritisation and decision making.
What will I be responsible for?
* Day to day management of team of 2 people (in first phase of development), including goal setting and performance review.
* Manage factory compliance in relation to production plan vs. actual.
* Development of your team.
* Control key suppliers e.g. concrete raw materials , haulage and rebar.
* Maintain detailed records and documentation for all production , processes and materials.
* Lead the continuous development of Centrum's demand visibility and stock holdings.
* Lead all aspects of factory programme & programme development.
* Manage costs in accordance with budgets and forecasts.
If you feel you have the skills required to excel in the role of Planning & Logistics Manager, we want to hear from you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.