Plus a generous Local Government Pension Scheme, employee benefits and up to 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
East Lindsey District Council are entering an exciting period of change, with a new focus on becoming an agile, innovative and commercial organisation underpinned by a healthy, people-centred, collaborative culture. We are excited to work in response to the changing landscape of local government, shaping our organisation (and our district) through digitalisation, modernisation and sustainability to drive forward and achieve our ambitions around economic growth, supporting the most vulnerable in our communities and ensuring we provide good quality, core services.
East Lindsey is a polycentric district with settlements widely distributed across its geography. The economy in the district is divided between the coast and rural inland areas, which include high profile seaside resorts and traditional market towns.
ELDC are responsible for operating a fleet of over 20, 26 tonne heavy goods vehicles including refuse collection vehicles and road sweepers. In addition, the Council operates a fleet of cars, vans tipper trucks and other associated vehicles and trailers (91 pieces of equipment in total). We are recruiting for an experienced Fleet Project Manager to set up and oversee a maintenance workshop to maintain and repair all the Council's vehicles.
* Be responsible for the effective management of fleet compliance
* Ensure cost efficient fleet maintenance
* Provide key support to ensure vehicle availability in line with Council operations
* Provide direction on technical support for the entire Council fleet
* Manage fleet staff performance
* Detailed cost management for all fleet vehicles
* Assist in the production of annual budgets
* Ensure mandatory training and to manage all aspects of health and safety within the workshop Essential skills as Fleet Project Manager
* A background in municipal vehicle maintenance especially modern refuse collection vehicles
* Extensive experience of fleet management/ maintenance experience
* A previous technical background within a heavy goods vehicle environment
* Be results driven and commercially aware regarding repair work and maintenance
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge and experience to effectively deliver this role, then we are excited to hear from you!
Closing date: 27 November 2020
ELDC reserve the right to change the closing date, depending on application numbers
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.