Working on behalf of our Dundee based client we are looking for a purchasing and logistics manager with a proven success in stock management and the ability to work to lean inventory principles whilst maintaining customer SLAs.
The main aim of the role is to manage stock levels across the business units ensuring optimal stock levels aligned with efficient stock investment whilst leading and motivating the logistics team to build a culture of delivering maximum value from purchasing and stock control.
* Implement lean inventory principles to ensure correct stock values at all times.
* Responsible for department budget and business expenditure.
* Prepare monthly reports for Senior Management team against set KPI’s to show logistics performance, dead stock analysis, stock accuracy and stock turns.
* Management of procurement team to ensure effective management of stock and suppliers.
* Management of the Internal Repair centres to ensure that parts can be repaired to the highest quality economically
* Participate and lead colleagues across departments to work towards the company’s continuous improvement strategy
* Implement and maintain KPI’s for supplier performance
* Lead key procurement projects
* Management of business facilities
* Management of company’s fleet of vehicles
* Development of team members
* Experience in working to lean inventory principles
* Enthusiasm and drive essential to lead change
* Leadership skills and proven track record of managing staff
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Skilled in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Well organised individual with ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously and to a conclusion
* Proactive approach to the role and instigating process and people developments
* Experience of operating in an ISO9001 environment
* Mechanical and/or Electronics background/understanding
* Trained Quality Auditor
* Experience of managing a large fleet of vehicles
As an equal opportunities employer, Cordant People welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.