My client, a privately owned company that supports the Oil and Gas/Petroleum industry, is looking to recruit a Shipping and Logistics Support manager.
Role: Procurement, Shipping and Logistics Support Manager
Location: Reading/Berkshire/Wokingham area - RG10 / Hybrid working considered
Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm or Part-time considered
Whilst 2020 has been a challenging year for the Oil & Gas Sector, my client continues to deliver results in the European Refineries (that made them the 4th fastest growing business in the Thames Valley 2019 growth index) that it operates in via its 8 overseas offices. Headquartered in Berkshire they are now looking for a UK based Shipping & Contracts Manager to join their Procurement Team. The company has been operating for almost 45 years on behalf of some of the leading global Companies in the Oil & Gas markets in Central, Eastern Europe, Russia and Southeast Asia, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of both the market and business procedures. As a family ran business, they are built on a firm foundation of engineering and business knowledge and have, as a UK export business, established offices throughout Central and Eastern European cities. It is their policy to employ indigenous professional engineers, conduct business in local language, and problem solve on behalf of their clients. The job encompasses a wide range of commercial and office-based activities. This involves principally supporting the Overseas Sales Offices and The Managing Director.
Responsibilities involve but are not limited to:
Handling all Contracts from receipt to completion involving: Management, Planning, Scheduling, Logistics for all Orders including Supply, Commissioning & Site Visits
1. Customer Contracts: - Review & acceptance of Terms & Conditions, payment terms, delivery dates, technical spec, incoterms, penalty clauses, and raise Order Confirmation.
2. Purchase Orders: - Raise single or multiple purchase orders on Suppliers to cover customer requirements.
3. Computer records: - Enter orders onto the internal CRM System & produce order analysis reports
4. Customer & Supplier Liaison. - Communication at all times to ensure order is progressed to a successful and timely conclusion.
5. Letters of Credits: - Review and agree terms and conditions with Customer. Arrange transfer of LC through bank for Supplier. Progress to ensure “last ship date” is met and prepare all documentation. Make presentation to the bank and progress to payment.
6. Shipping & Logistics: - Receive supplier pack list and prepare all despatch documentation including invoice, pack list, marking instructions to Supplier, Certificate of Origin, EUR1 & others.
7. Supplier Quality & Technical Documentation: - Chase in all QC & technical certificates and send to client after payment has been secured. 8. Liaison with internal and external offices with special emphasis on clear and concise communication.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced Purchasing & Logistics Support Manager, with expertise in:
* Freight forwarding and INCOTERMS
* A committed and flexible team player
* A "can do" attitude
* First class customer service
* Some travel required
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.