Proactive Personnel Ltd are currently recruiting for a Shipping and Logistics Manager to complete a 12 month contract.
You will be accountable for overseeing the day to day operation associated with the receiving and dispatch of goods from around the world. Experience in a shipping / logistics environment in a management capacity is essential for this role. You will be responsible for up to 10 direct reports.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Providing customs clearance on imports
* Ensuring all orders are correctly invoiced
* Liaising with finance / sales departments to ensure sales invoices are correct
* Ensuring that the team are ensuring packing procedures are followed by the goods out team
* Arranging collections (both internal and external) and ensuring these are completed in a timely manner.
* Arranging and conducting meetings with logistics providers, couriers, packaging companies to ensure prices remain competitive and renegotiate supply deals when required.
* Liaise with freight forwarders, relevant government agencies.
* Communicating with all internal and external customers – both verbally and in writing.
* Completing all export documentation
* Advising sales on European deliveries and countries of origin.
* Acting as liaison between employer and HMRC.
You will require experience / knowledge in:
* International customs
* UK export / import documentation and procedures
* OGEL / SIEL
* Tariff clarification
* Ideally the successful candidate will be Hazmat certified.
Standard hours of work: 8:00-17:00 and 9:00 – 18:00 with one hour for lunch.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
An immediate start is available
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.