Due to growth in business, a rare opportunity has become available for a multi-faceted role within my manufacturing & logistics Client.
I am looking to speak with Site/Logistics Managers who can manage & change the sometimes contradicting business units across one site, supplying manufactured pallets and pallet recovery service across the UK. Delivering financial performance on site and directing organisational activities to achieve manufacturing, operational and customer service excellence. Develop a logistics network across the UK to support the business growth plans for the pallet recovery sector
What do you need to succeed in your new role:
Five years working as a Site / General Manager, ideally within a high volume, low margin product
2 years Haulage / Logistics experience.
Ability to work at all levels and offer a practical and hands on approach to lead from the front. Delivering an effective management style to support and develop the site leadership team, while not losing focus on the shop floor activities.
Good understanding of Continuous Improvement techniques.
Capacity to drive & deliver change for the good of the workforce & business.
Strong character, not afraid of a challenge, win hearts & minds of the existing & new staff.
* Full understanding of each business model and drive site performance to achieve targets & KPI's
* Ensure a transport network is developed and maintained to support the business operational and growth plans
* Understand your customer base and manage the customer’s expectations and supply a superior service.
* Setup a weekly / monthly reporting to ensure that a close relationship on all site activities is maintained.
* Liaise with senior leaders / cross functional teams to ensure site performances are achieved (eg Timber, Sales, Finance, HSE, Quality etc.)
How can you measure site Profitability:
* Labour - maintaining the existing & introducing new
* Haulage - implementing changes to the existing model
* Operating costs
* OTD – On time delivery and in full against the order acknowledged date
* Quality – Number of Non Conformance's
* Efficient and cost effective use of internal and external transport
* Ensure all equipment is maintained, legally compliant and fully operational
What will your day look like in your new role:
* Manage production and repair Scheduling to ensure maximum productivity across all sites
* Manage the site staffing levels, approve all new indirect and management positions
* Staff levels are balanced to suit production output / sales demand across the different functional areas
* Re balance work around the sites to drive efficiency's and to meet customer demands
* Ensure all products are delivered on time and conform to the customers requirements
* Control all indirect costs incurred on site
* Implement company authority levels on expenditure approval
Health & Safety
* Ensure all site operations are conducted in a safe manner and that there is a safe system of work employed for all employees
* Ensure legal compliance and adherence to company policy on all sites
Engineering - you will maximise all equipment up time and manage the engineering resources to implement PPM (Plant Preventive Maintenance)
Customer engagement :
* Ensure that all finished stocks are managed and all levels agreed with Sales Dept.
* Drive a customer focused approach, develop a good working relationship with all Key Customer Accounts to ensure business continuity and develop organic growth
* Ensure all products delivered to the customer are fit for purpose and meet the customer specifications
* Manage the timely response to all quality complaints / non conformance's
* Ensure regular communications with all employees are maintained in line with the company and operation functional strategy
* Collate and analyses performance metrics, submit site and Group reports.
* Undertake any reasonable management requests
Education / Qualifications
* HNC/Degree in Business or qualified through experience
* Good standard of written and numerical literacy
* Excellent communication & people management skills
* Analysis, Assessment / Measurement
* Attention to detail.
* Perseverance, personal ambition and willingness to develop within a dynamic environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Customer focused attitude
* Effective communicator – written, verbal, listening skills.
* Professional presentation
* Commercially astute
* Effective time management
* Flexible work ethic
* Attention to detail
* Persuading and Influencing
* Collaboration and Co-operation
* Confidence and Independence
* Respect for Confidentiality
* Team Player but able to work on own initiative
* Can do attitude
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.