Job Purpose Summary
Under the direction of the Finance Director, the Sourcing & Logistics
Manager will develop and implement sourcing and logistics strategies to
appraise and improve our sourcing activities, logistics efficiency,
develop and negotiate supplier partnerships and framework agreements and
ensure that we are using the best in class products and service delivery
Understanding and leading the whole supply chain is key to driving
economies of scale and in doing so reduce group 3rd party spend, execute
cost reduction plans to meet or exceed annual budget objectives and own
the supplier relationships including negotiations, business awards,
contracting, risk mitigation, and problem resolution .
The successful candidate will provide strong leadership and develop the
logistics/ inventory/materials team/stock handling/value added processes
to achieve both effective and efficient stock control management and on
time supply of goods to customers and field engineering teams.
* Liaising between outsourced service providers, manufacturers,
technology partners and the divisional business units and internal
* Reviewing, negotiating and agreeing framework agreements, contracts
and monitoring agreed KPIs, ensuring the quality of third party
products and services provided by suppliers is of the highest
* Generating and implementing efficient sourcing management strategies
across the divisional business units.
* Analysing and calculating both indirect and direct cost across the
division and developing strategies to reduce break even cost.
* Managing and planning warehouse resources and systems to ensure
accurate and on-time delivery service to our customers and field
* Implement and maintain a stock management process to consistently
achieve stock accuracy and increase stock turnaround time.
* Management of Goods in/out, the accurate receipt and locating stock,
inventory and warehouse layout, and control of stock including
* Review/remove/report obsolete or damaged stock and report financial
* Liaise and support with divisional heads to agree service level
agreements, technology requirements, sourcing and logistics
* Research and anticipate shifts in negotiating power of suppliers.
* Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
* Estimate risks and opportunities and apply risk minimising and
opportunity maximising techniques.
* Identify and partner trustworthy suppliers, visiting existing
suppliers and developing relationships.
* Conducting research to ascertain the best products in terms of value,
delivery schedules quality and latest technologies.
* Research and evaluate alternate sources of supply. Communicate
opportunities with cross functional teams and make recommendations
for alternate suppliers, designs and materials to reduce costs and
* Utilise electronic tendering processes where deemed appropriate to
drive cost efficiency.
* Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet
* To maximise supplier rebates.
* Assist free cash flow through the management of supplier payment
* Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
* Ensure the use of automated IT systems for pricing, logistics and
stock control and ensure that systems are kept up to date with latest
* To accelerate placement of purchase orders to ensure timely delivery
of equipment and services.
Experience of consolidating sourcing strategies across a growing group.
Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software.
Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
Strong project management and leadership skills.
Ability to build and sustain networking relationships.
Confident with figures, collecting, analysing, interpreting and reporting
Strong IT skills e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Office, etc.
CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) or BSc in supply
chain management / business administration/ logistics qualification is
Technical knowledge of products in the Fire life Safety and Security
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.