Stores & Logistics Manager
JOB ID: 2288
Earning potential of up to £45,000 per annum (inclusive of bonus and overtime)
Excellent benefits package
Melbreck Technical is recruiting on behalf of one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of industrial equipment.
Due to outstanding growth of the business there is a position available for a Stores & Logistics Manager to join their team.
Overview of the role:
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the role will be primarily to;
* Manage and develop the logistics and stores function, stock process and control, inventory and the Materials team
* Manage and improve value added processes, systems, stock handling, processing technologies, logistics related layout and equipment and suppliers
* Achieve both effective and efficient stock control management and on time supply to and between internal manufacturing facilities / customers and external inter-site customers
* Manage materials from Goods In, to manufacture, through to dispatch
* Maintain full understanding and compliance of ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 / ISO 18001 standards, and develop, maintain and audit effective logistics procedures and compliance
* Maintain a high standard of maintenance and housekeeping, and work place organisation throughout the yard, stores, logistics and line feed locations and facilities.
* Safe control, maintenance and management of the forklift, material handling fleet and equipment
* Support, implement and sustain continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies throughout complete logistics cycle of material supply and handling, including the removal of non-value-added activities.
Qualifications & experience:
* Qualified in manufacturing management or logistics management to HNC standard or equivalent
* Proven skills and experience in manufacturing logistics management – manufacturing / engineering material control and supply logistics, to automotive / work class standards
* Conversant with lean manufacturing methodologies and techniques
* Full, understanding and experience of ERP and MRP systems
* Competent in Microsoft
* Fork lift license (ideally current but previous also considered)
* Thorough, methodical with good organisational skills and experienced within a manufacturing / assembly-based environment
* Flexible approach (overtime will be needed)
The right candidate for this role will ideally have a high-performance mind-set.
This is an excellent career opportunity with a growing and unique business at an exciting time in their evolution who offers career growth and development along with attractive benefits
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.