As Trade Compliance & Logistics Manager, you will be directly responsible for ensuring all trade and logistics activities in and out of the UK are compliant with the relevant customs regulations and standards.
This client operate on a truly global scale, and with customers and projects on every continent the constant need to both import and export products and services are of critical-importance to the business's operations and success.
This role will involve leading and coordinating all functional specialists across Trade Compliance & Logistics to ensure the overall trade strategy is adhered to, whilst also ensuring the local needs of each business unit are serviced. This will also include the following areas:
* Responsible for the implementation of a Country-wide Trade Compliance and Logistics program.
* Manages Country Trade Compliance, overseeing Import and Export transactions and ensure the proper handling of impact duty expense and other customs related fees by business operations.
* The roll out Transport and Logistics Strategy and drive improvement projects related to both General Cargo and Heavy Lift Projects, from the offers to the final deliveries.
* Ensuring accurate HTS and ECCN classification of all import and exported products/technology with respect to relevant national regulations.
* Manage risk exposure to fines, penalties, sanctions for non-compliance (customs, export control)
* Participate in the tendering process, be involved in all budgetary offers done at local level, RFQ process, analysis, negotiation at quotation phase whilst supporting negotiation with the suppliers.
* Understand Customs procedures, ensuring the relevant declarations are correctly made and carry out reporting to ensure compliance.
* Communicate with export- and import-related authorities and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities.
* Plan and implement import/export strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the company.
This company are one of the most recognised and respected players in their market sector. Through offering innovative and sustainable solutions to the global engineering and construction market, they are continuing to grow and develop the services and technologies delivered to customer both in the UK and internationally.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree or similar in Foreign Trade, Logistics, Business Economics or similar.
* Extensive experience within trade compliance, alongside knowledge of customs and logistics regulations in the import and export of products and services.
* Strong understanding of product classifications (HTS & ECCN), VAT Import Tax issues and export control and customs.
* Strong leadership experience with the ability to manage functional teams across trade, compliance and logistics operations.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.