Transport and Fleet Manager
£40,000-£50,000 per annum
Why work for this employer?
Our client has been through a period of growth and acquisition and has developed and diversified in the 4 decades it has been operational. Their extensive industry experience enables them to work very closely with their clients to ensure they are offered bespoke and well supported solutions. This has earnt them their place as a key player within the sectors they support.
Today, the company enjoys a strong reputation and has a plan to continue developing and expanding organically. This expansion will be down to the hard work of the existing dedicated team combined with the addition of new hires into strategic roles.
As this is a newly created role, you will have the ability to define the opportunity and put your own stamp on the position. Ideas and initiatives are welcomed and encouraged. There is real scope to contribute to the growth of the business.
What will I be doing?
Primary Responsibilities will include:
* Managing the day to day transport requirements for the business
* Planning haulage routes and engaging with all external transport suppliers to establish the quickest and most cost-effective option to move the required plant and equipment to and from various sites around the UK and Ireland
* Ensuring all external supplier pricing is competitive by obtaining at least 3 quotes from different suppliers
* Liaising with the service and maintenance team to ensure on and off hire inspections have been completed prior to the movement of plant
* Preparing delivery, collection, and exchange notes for transport companies
* Organising escorts as required
* Responsible for the safe operation of all Transport activities ensuring compliance with VOSA, Health and Safety legislation and Safe Systems of Work
* Ensuring all deliveries and collection deadlines are met, without compromising safety or quality standards
* Managing the allocation of company vehicles to drivers in line with company systems and procedures
Could this be you?
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
* A proven record of working within transport and fleet management
* Hold an Operator license
* Experience working compliantly with VOSA/Legal operators maintenance requirements
* A strong geographical knowledge to enable cost effective planning
* Excellent organisational skills and be able to work proactively without supervision
* Strong negotiation skills
* A proven track record dealing with complex problems and providing a quick solution
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
* Technical understanding of either heavy goods, logistics, transport or construction equipment (beneficial)
* The ability to manage and drive change
We look forward to receiving any suitable applications. While Baker Snell endeavour to respond to all applications, it is not always possible when we receive a high volume, so, if you do not hear anything for 1 week after applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We wish you all the very best with your ongoing job search
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.