Job Title: Transport Manager
Recruiter: Alaska Black
Location: North London
Salary: up to £30,000
Hours: Monday-Friday 7.30am-4.30pm
My client are a highly regarded food manufacturing PLC. The business operates across the UK from several well invested manufacturing facilities, delivering a fantastic range of premium products to all high street retailers, many food service providers and food manufacturers.
With exciting acquisition ambition, the PLC have bought a number of complimentary business’s and as a result now seek to recruit a Transport Manager.
You will report directly to the loyal and stable General Manager.
You will be responsible for the following:
* Hands on management and development of a small team of drivers, including allocating holidays, rest days and ensuring all training is up to date.
* Ensuring high levels of customer service are maintained.
* Planning and organisation of routes on a daily basis, as well as changing and developing the logistics plan to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Ensuring vehicles are serviced and maintained in a timing fashion.
* Carrying out spot checks with vehicles and drivers.
* Liaising with current management team across 2 sites.
This is a fast paced, demanding environment and requires applicants with strong communication and management skills. The ideal candidate will be resilient and looking for a long-term career within a thriving, stable and growing business.
You will have a proven track record managing a small team and will be up to date with the legalities of running a fleet of vehicles.
Skills and experience
* Level 2 H&S awareness
* Understanding of near miss reporting
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills
* Previous driver management experience
* Multi Drop supply in London (desirable)
Interested? Click apply to send your CV or to find out more about this position.
Alaska Black are recruitment specialists, recruiting nationally across all roles within FMCG, Building Services Engineering, Facilities Management, Finance, Human Resources and Senior Level Appointments.
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.