Transport Manager – Chepstow
RSW is recruiting on behalf of one of our clients in Chepstow, who are seeking an experienced Transport Manager. The primary role will be to ensure the smooth and effective running of the transport department.
This is a permanent full-time role
* Recruitment of permanent drivers; van, 7.5 tonne and HGV in accordance with approved budgets and staff numbers.
* Conduct staff inductions and ensure all drivers are compliant with relevant policies and procedures.
* Working closely wit ATC to allocate drivers to routes/runs daily, obtaining authorisation for external agency drivers when required.
* Actively managing driver holidays to ensure cover is maintained in house.
* Using daily, weekly and monthly telematic data reports to debrief drivers in order to prevent accidents in accordance with the company policy.
* Carrying out investigations to anomalies such as missing cash, tyres not returned, unauthorised stops, unauthorised door openings, excessive idles and carrying out disciplinary procedures when needed.
* Any other duties required by the company.
* £35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience.
* Holidays: 20 Days plus 8 public bank holidays.
* 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday and Saturday on a rota basis.
* There will also be a requirement to be “on call” on evening and weekends.
* Must hold an Operators CPC Transport Licence.
* Previous experience as a transport Manager.
* Resilient and able to manage the team professionally.
* Strong IT skills with HR and Time and Attendance systems, MS Office.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If you are interested in this role, please call Peter Brookes on (phone number removed) or apply online and one of our experience team will contact you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.