Transport Manager - Bolton - £32,925 - £41,250
Our client a prestigious nationwide company are currently looking for a Transport Manager to join their team. The Transport Manager will provide a high quality, cost effective transportation service inline with both their colleagues in operations and sales departments alike and report to the Regional Transport Manager.
* To ensure all deliveries and collections are made on time and in compliance with current procedures
* Daily resource to be planned for all trunking of mail across the network in line with volume and IMC/trunk forecasts
* Able to work with an individual P & L account for their respective depot and to prepare all weekly cost reports in line with this
* To recruit drivers and office staff within the agreed establishment levels and effectively managing staff holidays and sickness
* To ensure all transport staff comply with the Mail integrity requirements and any relevant checks are regularly updated
* To ensure that all vehicles are maintained in line with current O licence and company requirements, be it through company workshop or remotely
* Monitor and carry out performance reviews with sub contractors, introducing a better service or more cost effective supplier where appropriate
* To encourage and assist in the development of each member of staff using the relevant training processes available
* To ensure all staff comply with company Health and Safety policy
* Compliance of all administration aspects within the transport department in the depot are adhered to
* To ensure all driving staff comply with all regulations in line with driving hours/WTD and road legalities
* Reporting and investigating of all accidents and carry out all follow up action where appropriate. Carry out disciplinary hearings when necessary in relation to all transport staff and with the assistance of HR
* To development the transport department in conjunction with the Regional Transport Manager
* Manage agency including all mail integrity training and accredited checks whilst controlling costs within workload dictation
* To assist in controlling the van fleet within the depot in conjunction with the centralised planning department
* Management of all staff with in the depot transport organisation
* Management of all day to day working within the depot transport
* Manage the correct use of Health and Safety with in the depot transport staff
* Liaise with Client Services and operations to promote excellent quality of service through cost effectiveness
* Effective management of resource in line with budge
* Legal compliance of depots operating licence.
Experience and Qualifications:
* 3 Years experience of working in a busy traffic office environment.
* Working knowledge of vehicle and drivers hours’ regulation.
* Working knowledge of Excel And Word
* Experience in managing individual P & L account.
* CPC National
* Full clean driving licence
If you are interested in this role then please apply now for immediate consideration
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.