Our client is a Construction Civil Engineering company seeking a Transport/ Fleet manager £40k pa.
Must have a CPC accreditation
* Manage day to day running of the company fleet of vehicles nationwide
* Manage company vehicle insurance
* Ensure drivers complete daily walk around vehicle checks, plant checks, record any defects on their vehicles and that these are properly actioned for repair
* Ensure all vehicles are routed for PMI, service, MOT etc. as required by maintenance schedules, and keep planner up to date
* To carry out and maintain driving licence checks through the DVLA
* Hiring & off hiring plant and equipment and monitoring usage etc.
* Report any vehicle damages and ensure proper completion of accident reports
* Manage effectively the vehicle fleet management tracker systems
* Ensure that the company meet and maintain FORS requirements
* Ensure the company fully complies with DVSA regulations and the Companies Operators licence is current and up to date
* Manage an efficient and safe loading and transport operation
* Ensure all drivers receive regular training and refreshers across all areas of responsibility
* Managing congestion charges, PCN’s and any other vehicle related fines efficiently
* Recording & maintaining vehicle various spreadsheets and databases
* Ensure that all drivers are compliant with driver time directive and tachographs
* Motivate, develop and train the workforce, whilst meeting customers’ requirements
* Ensure compliance to all company transport policies, procedures and legislation
* Ensure H & S procedures are carried out for drivers and loading/unloading
* Recruiting agency drivers as and when required
* Arranging hire of vehicles
* Ensure cost effective route planning is carried out
* Manage fleet leases & fuel card accounts cost effectively
* Manage vehicle branding, driver uniforms & tools
Key Skills and Attributes:
* Must hold a CPC licence.
* Transport legislation, e.g. Driver's Hours
* Previous experience of management in a similar transport depot environment and of managing vehicle operations.
* Experience of vehicle maintenance schedules and telematics
* Good organisational skills and attention to detail
* Professional telephone manner
* Proficient on a variety of computer systems including Microsoft Office
* Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
* Ability to work under pressure
* Self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.