My Client, A leading provider for home delivery services is currently offering a fantastic opportunity for a Dynamic Transport Manager in Castle Donington.
The transport Manager will play an essential part in providing full delivery of total customer satisfaction. The Position will report directly to the General Manager on site and will support key functions within the department. The Transport manager will have full exposure to the accountability of the site’s performance covering all aspects from transport to warehousing. This operation is on a 7-day week rota, 40hours per week and cover 5 days from 7 on a rota, Shift times can vary, so flexibility is a key requirement. The package includes a competitive salary up to £34,000, employee benefit scheme, Transport Manager Bonus and excellent holiday allowance alongside opportunities to progress.
You will hold a current National or International Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) in road Haulage or equivalent and ideally have experience as a designated name on the company’s operator licences (O licence). You will manage costs to maximise profit, manage resources and people effectively, whilst consistently analysing the current processes and pushing for continuous improvements.
Transport Manager Duties:
* Managing all operational costs and budgets to maximise profitability
* Review and assess all factors which affect sites profitability and KPI performance
* Plan delivery crew resource and vehicles against forecasted activity levels
* Preparing and chairing on site monthly meetings
* Managing vehicle defect processes, tacho and drivers’ hours in line with legislation
* Ensuring all processes and procedures for health and safety are adhered to and practised at all times
* Proactively resolving issues, gaining customer feedback and implementing continuous improvement
Requirements for the Transport Manager role:
* Experience within a busy transport department, ideally within a Home delivery distribution environment
* Must have experience of managing a large team (Drivers, office staff and transport Supervisors)
* Experience of managing warehouse operations and staff beneficial
* Previous experience as an O-license holder is strongly desired
* CPC National is essential
* Previous experience in HR processes such as performance management and personal development plans
Benefits for the Transport Manager:
* A competitive salary from £30,000 - £34,000 per annum
* Transport manager bonus scheme
* 33 days Holiday including public holidays
* Employee benefit scheme – including discounts on gym, products and holidays
* Pension scheme
* Employee assistance program
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.