Brewster Pratap are working with a fast-growing retail business based in Barnsley to recruit a Transport Manager. This is an exciting and varied role which reports into the Head of Retail & Operations and will work collaboratively with other Senior Managers in the business.
* To plan and coordinate all deliveries and collections, using internal and external transport in the most efficient and cost effective manner, and ensure that this is communicated clearly throughout Operations and the Commercial Teams
* Ensure continued maintenance of the fleet and its component parts in accordance with the rules regulating vehicle safety, as well as planning and costing for fleet renewal and expansion
* Manage all members of the Transport Team adhering to working and driving time regulations
* This role also involves the management of equipment, including system logging, safeguarding of assets and returns to suppliers and retailers.
* Other responsibilities include control of the gatehouse, security, the yard area and the frozen operation at a remote site in the South Kirby area
* Developing, and ensuring related working procedures and processes are suitable for purpose, in line with BRC requirements and current legislation
* Work alongside other departments to ensure the efficient running of the business as a whole
* Involvement in internal and external audits
* Report on departmental performance for management purposes in order to continually improve efficiencies
* A major part of this role is to manage and develop colleagues in line with the company values, and to provide cover for Operational Managers as and when required to meet the demands of the business
* To plan and implement effective strategies in order to meet Company Operational performance targets, manage operational resources and contribute to the management of the Company
* Previous experience in Fleet / Transport Management
* Experience working with other departments internally
* Excellent IT skills across varied application and strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Organised and able to manage conflicting work demands
* Have a customer service approach to work, both internally and externally
* Ability to liaise and influence stakeholders at all levels
* Comprehensive knowledge of driving standards and legal driving regulations is essential
* Experience of chilled/frozen distribution is desirable
* The ideal candidate will hold the National Transport Manager CPC qualification
* Free 2 x death in service cover
* Pension scheme
* Discounted retail products
* Opportunity for progression / development
* Discounted rates at the onsite café and the onsite gym facilities
* 40 hours per week. The core hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:30 but will require a flexible approach.
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information on Jobs or Recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.