My exciting 3PL client is looking for a Transport Manager, reporting into the GM at their Bedford site. You will have have overall responsibility for ensuring the efficient and cost-effective running of the Bedford Transport operation, to the agreed budgets and service targets. To ensure full compliance with all relevant Transport legislation, working closely with the Warehouse operation to develop and implement efficiencies.
Ideal experience required for the job;
* CPC Holder
* Previous proven transport management experience in an FMCG environment.
* Leadership skills including the ability to enthuse and motivate.
* Previous responsibility for Transport P&L
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Drive, determination and a proven track record in delivering continuous improvement.
* Exposure to operating within a commercial environment sufficient to develop effective customer service and commercial understanding.
* A strong working knowledge of Health & Safety in the workplace.
* PC Literate.
* O Licence Holder
* Manage fleet utilisation and legal compliance to O Licence requirements.
* Ensure compliance of the operation to Quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements.
* Promote high standards of hygiene and housekeeping, ensuring compliance to all legislative Health & Safety requirements.
* Promote and ensure a consistent, thorough and fair approach to the implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures.
* Provide leadership; encouraging a learning environment whilst developing staff.
* Ensure efficient planning, reviewing and communication of operational requirement and change.
* Setting/agreeing targets, and gaining commitment from direct reports to targets including budgets and plans.
* Monitor transport and general business KPI’s, ensuring that they are met and continually improved upon.
* Continually review all aspects of the operation and drive improvements in methods, procedures and efficiencies.
* Build positive customer relationships with both internal and external customers, responding constructively to all requests in a timely manner.
* Create and maintain an environment that encourages employee participation and effective teamwork.
* Ensure employees are involved in the success of the organisation through continual feedback and positive communication.
* Ensure delivery of cost and service requirements by associated external agencies and contractors
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.