Our client based in Wrexham is currently seeking a Transport Manager to join their growing team. This is a excellent opportunity to join a fantastic company.
* Managing a Fleet of 30 own
* liaising with VMU manager
* over-seeing 2 cold-stores and a logistics client ensuring they are managing accordingly within expectations
* Proactively motivating the team to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement;
* To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs, through effective use of the planning/scheduling information available;
* To ensure the department provides a quality first class service to the customer;
* Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company tachograph policy where applicable;
* Ensure the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
* Ensure the site complies with Health and Safety legislation;
* Build customer confidence through demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the operation;
* Accountability for health, safety and environmental requirements to operate the site;
* To play a key role in the continual improvement of process/methods of the sites operating procedures;
* Manage and conduct investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings as required;
* Create and develop progressive plan to monitor any damage found on vehicles,
* Ensure the daily/weekly hygiene programme of vehicles is in place and maintained.
* Complete daily and weekly reports covering all aspects of the Operation.
You will support the transport team in all transport activities to ensure the contract achieves its operational and compliance objectives whilst also meeting the needs of the customer
You must ensure compliance is kept up to date in line with company policies and procedures whilst maintaining all fleet administration
Help drive engagement through the teams at site by offering new ideas and implementing current best practice
Ensuring that orders are processed and entered accurately onto appropriate systems.
Ensuring that sufficient inbound stock is made available and allocated to meet outgoing orders.
Dealing with customs paperwork and reporting when necessary.
Negotiation and procurement of goods and services
Organising appropriate shipping/transport to transport goods to the customer’s location.
Raising invoices in the appropriate formats, and passing all necessary paperwork to the Finance team in an ordered and timely way.
Keeping all paper and electronic records and filing up to date in “real time” at all times.
Great geographical knowledge of the North Wales.
Excellent telephone manner
Knowledge of operating a CRM system including
Experience of using Microsoft outlook and Excel
Minimum 2 Years experience within a similar role
Experience of working within a transport environment with full knowledge of transport legislation.
Experience of working within a unionised environment would be advantageous;
Experience of supervising/managing a team;
CPC international holder preferable;
Excellent communication skills combined with logical problem-solving skills
Customer focused and the ability to build effective relationships with the team, customer and other third parties
Hours of work
Monday to Friday between hours of 7.30 to 5pm flexibility required due to nature of the business.
Our client is offering a salary of up to £45,000 DOE
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.