Job Profile – Transport Manager
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Overall Job Summary:
To provide assistance to the Branch Manager by managing the paperwork and procedures and providing guidance to the Office and Yard staff and overseeing the scheduling and coordination of pick ups and delivery of inventory from customer sites.
* To oversee operations at the branch
* Approve transport related PO’s
* To manage and supervise the Dispatcher with the day to day running of the transport.
* Customer liaison
* Problem solving
* Site Assessments as and when required
* Reinforce training and support new staff
* Takes personal ownership for overcoming issues and resolving problems
* Ensures that any problems or issues and the status of ongoing projects or tasks are regularly communicated to their manager
* Continually looks for opportunities to improve processes and procedures to benefit our customers and the company.
* Supervision of Drivers
* Generate work orders, damages, repairs and vehicle accidents per company policy
* Knowledge of all of the company computer systems
* Must ensure vehicle roadworthiness is maintained via routine maintenance, vehicle checks & defect rectification (liaison with repair agents and drivers will be essential).
* Must ensure adherence to driver’s hours and working time directive by effective route scheduling and driver management.
* Must ensure adherence to all other applicable legislation including road traffic act and operator licensing regulations etc.
Competencies and qualifications
* Previous Management experience preferred
* Valid Driving licence
* CPC is desirable
* Willing to work flexibly when needed
* Computer literate
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent ability to communicate clearly and effectively
* Ability to prioritise work to ensure optimum use of time
* Passionate about providing excellent customer service
* Is a self-starter who can show initiative and work with minimal supervision
* High level of commitment and flexibility required
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time to meet the needs of the business. This may include travelling to, and supporting, other branches where necessary
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.