Location: Bilsthorpe, Nottinghamshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
My client is a full-service and leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, with locations across the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With sustainability at the forefront of its proposition, my client recovers a broad range of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials for re-use in manufacturing and for energy conversion, as well as providing a complete portfolio of water and waste water services.
Our site in Nottinghamshire is the largest provider of hazardous waste collection services to the UK's motor vehicle franchise network. Offering a wide selection of services, we are the total waste partner to a variety of industry sectors.
Transport Manager - The Role:
To ensure the safe, efficient and cost-effective day to day running of the Transport Department whilst delivering an excellent end to end customer service experience for all Specialist Waste Customers.
Responsible for effectively managing all aspects of performance and system capability across the Transport Department, by driving performance KPIs, employee engagement and operational efficiency. Building, developing and managing a large team of drivers and office-based staff to promote and maintain a culture of the highest standards of customer service, working closely with the site operations team and the customer service team. Responsible for the delivery of business improvement initiatives working with the wider management team.
Transport Manager - Key Responsibilities:
* Planning and delivery of operational transport activities through your Transport Team, to ensure the required level of service is provided to the customers
* Maintaining the highest standards of health and safety, promoting a positive health and safety culture at all times
* Maintaining and improving department performance levels to maximise efficiency of transport operations in line with department KPI's
* Working closely with the customer service team and site operations team, ensuring that collections and deliveries are carried out on time, in full with a customer service focus
* Working closely with the Customer Service Manager and Senior Account Managers to analyse customer feedback/information, develop innovative ideas and drive continuous improvement
* Promote a culture (and implement a continuous training plan) to ensure that our customer facing driving team always presents in the most professional manner and provides excellent customer service
* Work closely with the Fleet Manager to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements in relation to the fleet and team of drivers are adhered to at all times
* Responsibility for departmental cost control in line with budget
* Improving the operational systems, processes and policies
* Deliver accurate reports on service delivery and performance as required
* Managing and implementing strategies and training to maintain a productive, highly skilled and motivated workforce
* Accountable for the performance management and development of employees within defined area of responsibility, including completion of reviews within Performance Review Process and supporting the use of Individual Development Plans
* Communicate company standards to staff at all levels, monitor and enforce
* Effectively manage all HR related activities e.g. holidays, sickness absence, investigations and disciplinaries etc.
* Responsible for all aspects of resource management within defined area of responsibility, including planning, resourcing and recruitment
* Manage all aspects of employee related budgets and headcount plans ensuring balance between cost efficiencies and work requirements
* Adherence to the Company's Health and Safety Policy ensuring all employees, within areas of responsibility, are compliant
Knowledge, Training, Experience, Technical and Personal Skills:
* Management experience of developing and leading a successful Transport team
* Hands on and methodical, organised with attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective and positive working relationships within and outside of the department
* Highly focused on delivering results and objectives with a strong personal commitment to supporting the business in achieving its goals in a changing environment
* Logical in approach with the ability to analyse data and formulate action plans
* Must demonstrate high levels of integrity and adopt a professional approach in all interactions – should be transparent, open and honest in all dealings
* Strong commercial awareness
* Strong PC and technical knowledge and skills with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
* National and/or International CPC (preferred not essential)
* NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent)
* Experience working within waste industry most desirable, however, alternate industries with relevant experience will be considered
Offering a competitive salary in a growing company committed to our people. We also offer pension contributions and other health scheme benefits including death in service.
If you have the required skills and experience, click on APPLY and forward your up to date CV and covering letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No agencies please
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.