My client a global automotive company are currently recruiting for an experienced transport manager to be responsible for the delivery of service through the management and coordinator of all warehouse and transport operations ensuring all SLA’s and KPI’s are met, experience of working within the distribution and warehouse industry is essential for the role. My client are looking to create and implement a 4PL infrastructure ensuring that a high performance culture is developed and maintained and that the business meets daily targets and KPI’s, you will be responsible for initiating new project ideas and responsible for costs, budgets and look at new ideas and drive new business opportunities and revenue.
* To be responsible for the delivery of the service offering through the management and co-ordination of all warehouse and transport operations across the joint Bandvulc and CTG network.
* To manage the optimisation and continuous improvement of the joint Bandvulc and CTG network.
* To control and facilitate all operational interactions across both organisations ensuring all SLA’s and KPI’s are met within agreed levels.
* To create and manage a “4PL” logistics infrastructure
Delivery of the service offering:
* Responsible for the delivery of all contractual KPI’s and budget requirements across the BV and OE Operations
* Ensure that a high performance culture is developed and maintained across the BV and OE Operations through the site management teams to deliver operational excellence and continuously meet performance and productivity targets on a day to day basis
* To “Attest" all invoices and ensure costs are in line with contracted costs and within budget.
* To monitor equipment requirements ensuring sufficient resources are available to meet sales forecasts and new customer wins (raise appropriate capex documentation as required).
* Develop planning team through effective measurement of performance and productivity, providing feedback and guidance where needed
* Provide operational expertise and leverage in depth transportation knowledge to support planning operations Drive results through historical data collection and market trend analytics, leading to actionable processes and metrics
* Create and implement best practice transport principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance
* Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
* Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
* Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
* Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
* Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
Optimisation and continuous improvement
* Deliver a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement by utilising the most appropriate methodology on a consistent basis
* To monitor and report (on an agreed basis) on all contracted KPI's and SLA's and implement appropriate remedies
* Initiate new project ideas for customers – validate customer’s requirements and expectations and ensure that all Key Stakeholders can meet these needs.
* To support the central Logistics team wherever possible
* To recommend "change management" solutions to the Supply Chain Operations Manager in order to improve customer service and reduce cost of service and to implement agreed changes as appropriate.
* This individual will assist in the development of broad level transportation/supply chain improvement strategies and stimulate continuous improvement efforts in transportation and service.
* This individual will lead strategic network optimisation initiatives and must understand all basic supply chain network costs related to distribution and transportation as well as understand the various constraints such as network capacity and utilisation.
* Identify and implement processes and optimisation strategies reduce cost and improve service in the transportation network
* Create, communicate, and implement transportation initiatives that determine new business/revenue opportunities to grow/expand the business
* Implement process changes to improve operational performance
* Develops cost analysis models and frameworks to support, prioritize and influence the supply chain team and other networks in the organization. Highlights and drives change through the organization through use of data and appropriate systems to manage cost and service.
Facilitate all operational interactions
* To manage all daily workload and interactions across all key stakeholders and making any relevant decisions related to network capacity or costs.
* To meet with Key Stakeholders and Service Providers regularly to ensure mutual adherence to contract terms, KPI’s and SLA’s and review performance, conduct official monthly and annual reviews involving relevant senior personnel. At all meetings establish new and future needs.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.