Are you looking to develop further as a manager in logistics? Do you have experience in people management and management of jetvac/tanker vehicles?
A very exciting position has opened up as our Transport Manager, responsible for leading a team of Jetvac tanker drivers and operatives to ensure the effective operation of the vehicles in targeting hotspot areas for blockages and flooding. To reduce blockages and flooding you will have access to a large and extensive set of data to develop detailed plans in conjunction with the Jetvac drivers and regional teams to drive this continuous improvement.
This role will also play a key part in customer education so a proven track record in forming long lasting stakeholder relationships and stakeholder engagement is essential.
This role will also include multi-site interaction and travel across the UK to the 4 main Jetvac hubs.
As a Transport Manager, your key accountabilities will include:
* Ensure all company activities comply with Severn Trent Health & Safety and Environmental policies, government and legislation.
* Monitor, measure and report on operational and development plans focused on improving the blockages and flooding across each of the regions delivered through data driven interventions.
* Manage and motivate operational staff/drivers at all sites and out bases, carrying our great 121’s on a regular basis.
* Recruit, train and develop drivers according to company policies ensuring relevant HR procedures are followed.
Experience required to succeed in this role it is:
As well as coming from a logistics environment background you will also need previous experience in both people management and in the management of jetvac/tanker vehicles. You will bring to the team a high level of knowledge of UK transport legislation, great written and verbal communication skills and the ability to drive change and implement new processes.
Due to the nature of this role regular nationwide travel and a certain level of flexibility with regards to working times is required to accommodate work requirements.
A full valid UK Driving Licence and Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) are essential for this role.
Severn Trent benefits include:
* A competitive salary
* 2 for 1 Pension contribution
* 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
* Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
We’re based at Severn Trent Centre in the heart of Coventry city centre, right by the train and bus stations. With an onsite Costa Coffee and Restaurant, we have everything you’ll need onsite, however the city’s shopping, restaurants and cafés are just a short walk away.
You will have access to a company vehicle as regular nationwide travel will also be required.
Who are we?
At Severn Trent Services, we understand water. That’s why our products and services are used across Europe. We run a commercial operation with a number of different contract right across the UK and Ireland. We manage and maintain water and wastewater plants and networks worldwide and our products and services are used by millions of people
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.