Transport Manager – Stevenage
£35,000 - £37,000
Mon – Fri (Rostered Saturdays) 45Hrs p/w
Are you an experienced Transport Manager looking for a new role? Do you want to work for the UK’s largest independent Tyre Wholesalers? They supplied almost 2.5 Million tyres last year!!
My Client has been in business for 50+ years and are now looking for an experienced Transport Manager to join the team.
About the job:
• Managing all aspects of the transport department and its drivers at all depots.
• Ensuring that the most effective routes are used by drivers, decreasing travel time between destinations.
• Ensure that all transport operations throughout the depot run at maximum efficiency.
• Deal with disciplinary issues.
• Deal with any grievance issues
• Support the drivers in any day to day issues.
• Seek ways to improve internal systems and processes within the Transport department.
• Forecast possible problems throughout the Transport routes, plan and amend routes accordingly.
• Implement continuous improvement throughout the Transport department.
• Manage and drive cost efficiencies including agency staff.
• Responsible for all recruitment within the Transport department.
• Overseeing staff planning in the Transport department.
• Overseeing the maintenance of transport.
• Ensure vehicles are inspected every 6 weeks.
• Audit reported faults to ensure they have been rectified.
• Ensure all new Driver appraisals are conducted before a new Driver is permitted to drive.
• Ensure that HGV operations licences are compliant at all depots.
• Audit irregularities on Driver debrief sheets.
• CPC Transport qualification
• Experience in a Transport Manager/Transport Supervisor position
• Comfortable dealing with disciplinary issues
• Comfortable dealing with grievance issues
• Experience of transport planning
• Advanced IT skills
Contact for more info: (Apply online only)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.