Exciting opportunity to join an established transport and logistics company in the role of Transport Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the Transport Operations team 17 operations staff and 95 drivers.
You will assist and facilitate the development and implementation of multi-faceted distribution solutions and strategies across our UK network, mentoring and motivating whilst enhancing service and reducing cost.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Work with the transport operations team, providing direction and leadership to the whole function, driving for sustainable results, raising morale and inspiring individual commitment
* Participating in the customer forecasting, planning, development and implementation of national distribution solutions for our customers, ensuring efficiency and customer service targets are met
* Oversee the plan for all drivers including agency, so the company complies with all legal requirements
* Supporting the national H&S Manager to ensure all health and safety, quality and environment policies are robust and followed
* Reporting & maintaining a profitable P&L reporting results to the board
* Ensuring all department policies and procedures are documented and are kept up to date
* Utilising planning and telematic software systems to provide detailed reports on cost and efficiency
* Ensuring the shared resource and manpower are used to their maximum, with the focus being on the most cost-efficient use of drivers and equipment
* Responsible for ensuring that all company assets are legal, compliant and operate safely
* Raising the profile of the company, developing relationships with new and existing customers including generating daily backload opportunities
* Managing closely those employees who fail to meet the required standards and prohibit the team from delivering a first-class service
* Effectively plan to ensure that all vehicle, trailers & equipment servicing/MOT's are completed on time.
* Excellent leadership knowledge and influencing skills
* High achievement drive
* Excellent stakeholder management
* Excellent analytical, diagnostic, organisational & planning skills
* Ability to absorb and analyse information quickly and accurately
* Current transport legislation knowledge
* Experience of introducing or amending procedural compliance
* IT literate (Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office)
* National CPC qualified
* International CPC qualified
* Superuser knowledge of Mandata or similar systems
* Specific transport leadership qualification
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.