LOFT is a leading provider of interior design and furnishing solutions for the residential property sector across the UK. Established in 2003, we have built a well respected brand within the industry and are growing quickly.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, talented and dynamic Transport Manager who thrives on working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
You must be a self starter, hold the relevant CPC qualifications.
The purpose of this role will be to lead, direct and manage the transportation function; developing, implementing, and managing the company’s fleet processes , while ensuring efficient and effective processes and systems to support current and future business needs.
* Take ownership and responsibility of transport KPI’s, including RFT delivery and fleet efficiency
* Lead, mentor, manage and develop our installation teams, incorporating the LOFT values to deliver a focused and accountable approach to employee engagement
* Deliver the department in line with budgeted costs - specific emphasis on labour
* Fully own LOFT’s on the road presence and performance, from internal transfers through to bulk delivery and standard fulfilment across all channels
* Adopt an industry standard and best practise approach when allocating fleet; incorporating payload, weight and volumetrics to maximise efficiency and minimise costs
* Sweat the operators license and integrate the regular use of vehicles 7.5t and above into projects fulfilment
* Ensure 100% compliance to applicable legislative and regulatory transport and traffic requirements
* Manage and control all aspects of vehicle scheduling, using geographical and local knowledge to ensure maximum effectiveness of deployed fleet. Scrutinise our planned movements from both LOFT depots to facilitate a national economy of scale
* Continually assess and monitor the suitability of installer equipment. Make certain our staff have the tools to succeed and that they are 100% fit for purpose
* Ensure the ongoing suitability and roadworthiness of all leased/ hired vehicles, through periodic servicing, MOT and mandatory installer led daily checks
* Manage hired fleet supply partnerships and continually review performance against agreed SLA’s
* Facilitate clear and open lines of communication between installers, central ops and project management. Remove any barriers preventing progress and provide pastoral care where required
* Protect our RFT and complete detailed analysis of performance, engaging with key stakeholders to drive through improvements and operational change management
* Ensure absolute installer compliance to agreed LOFT policy and procedures when on the road
* Support the practical application of shared transport documents including the van tracker, providing daily updates on fleet movements, job split and resource allocation
* Prepare and issue keys, fuel cards, sat navs and driver packs
* Track daily delivery activity using RAM and Kinesis
* Complete end of day spot checks on returned fleet and assist with driver debrief
* Support with the practical application of STREAM
* Produce and submit data that feeds into monthly operational MI
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this Transport Manager position, then please apply now
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.