Colnbrook, near Slough SL3 0EG
Seeking a Transport Manager to assist the Depot Operations Manager with managing the waste collection services at a busy depot, based in Colnbrook. The successful candidate will have at least two years’ waste industry supervisory or managerial experience. Offering a competitive salary and great benefits as detailed below.
44 hours per week (though flexibility is required): 6am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday, plus every third Saturday morning from 7.30am to 12 noon.
* As Transport Manager you must be prepared to hit the ground running, connecting and engaging with your team and customers, and establishing yourself with credibility and success.
* You will work closely 0with, and help to supervise, an experienced transport office team and 70+ drivers, making every effort to ensure that all customers receive the required general waste or recycling collection service on the due day.
* You’ll work with the Depot Operations Manager to ensure that all legislation, including health & safety, HR and the Company’s Goods Vehicle Operating Licence, are complied with.
* Maintain a high level of motivation and morale, and make sure that individual potential is encouraged and developed.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
* Full clean driving licence, ideally with LGV Class 2 entitlement
* Ideally hold, or be willing to attain, a Certificate of Professional Competence.
* Preferably, two years’ experience within the waste management industry in supervisory or managerial position, with proof of success and effectiveness
* Confident communicator, both written and verbal, with employees and customers
* Strong supervisory skills.
* Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and this is matched.
* Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
* Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
* Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium)
* Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/
* Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
* Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
If this role sounds of interest to you, apply today to Emma @ RE Resource Group today
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.