Job role: Transport Manager
Annual Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Transport Manager at our clients depot in Borehamwood. As a key member of the site logistics team, you are responsible for safely developing and managing all aspects of the distribution network including Radial, RDC and Inter depot transport operations from your site. You will ensure that the operation meets all customer requirements including third party, provides excellent customer service, meets all quality standards, optimises efficiencies and minimises costs whilst improving our carbon footprint.
• The key aim of this role is to drive a legal and safety culture by improving and maintaining a safe working environment, ensuring all team members are aware and complying with health and safety standards, legal and company requirements.
• Leadership and development of the transport team to meet the agreed customer service standards.
• To ensure all KPI’s relating to the transport team are met.
• To ensure that the site transport budget is met periodically and annually in terms of fuel usage, driver costs, schedule adherence, on time deliveries, vehicle damage, sales expenses
• Health and safety and Legal compliance – ensuring the transport team meet all H&S standards, legal and audit requirements.
Functional Skills Critical Behaviours
• Experience in a Blue chip, FMCG Transport company desirable.
• Previous leadership experience desirable.
• Holder of a Transport Certificate of Professional Competence (or be willing to undertake the qualification).
• HGV Class 1 or 2 Driving Licences desirable.
• Ability to build effective relationships, and the credibility to lead and influence at all levels of the business.
• A quick thinker, capable of making effective decisions in a fast paced environment.
• Strong leadership skills, with a confident, open and honest style of communicating.
• Self-motivated with the enthusiasm and resilience to drive performance and change.
If this role is of interest to you, get in touch as soon as possible. Call Chloe on (phone number removed) for more information
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.