We are thrilled to be recruiting for our reputable, National client based in Tamworth. Our client is a privately-owned business employing only the very best people from our industry, who are forward thinking customer focused individuals, who understand people and the importance of customer service and on-time performance.
To oversee an effective and efficient operation that is planned and implemented in a safe environment whilst achieving KPI and budgetary requirements without impacting on customer service. To ensure improvement initiatives are communicated and integrated into the depot operations. To effectively communicate changes of site operation policies and procedures.
A Senior Management package will be available for suitable candidate.
* Effective management and communication of operational change.
* Ensure depot adhere to/surpasses agreed KPIs
* Overall responsibility for the site transport plan, to ensure maximum efficiencies within the depot.
* Maintain customer relationships.
* To promote proactive people management responses to change issues and initiatives to enable the depot to fulfil its responsibility to staff or, in pursuit of depot or organisational aims and objectives.
* To manage a cohesive and effective management team, achieving consistency between shifts. Ensuring each team member is carrying out their duties efficiently and to a high standard.
* Involved in disciplinaries and grievances when required and carrying out investigations.
* To continually improve efficiencies and identify improvements in the daily transport plan.
* Challenge current operating practices and implement initiatives that add value to the operation.
* Ensure systems and procedures are ‘Fit for Purpose’ in order to deliver high performance.
* To attend and contribute to depot groups and wider company meetings, such as BRC and H&S reviews, etc.
* Overall responsibility for ensuring the site meets the required Transport Operating Licence obligations.
* Ensure strong and visible leadership in all aspects of Health and Safety management.
* Overall fleet management including; availability and utilisation, as well as servicing and maintenance to prescribed legislative standards. Ensuring that records are maintained.
* Management of site telematics system to deliver improved service and fuel management.
* Understands, encourages and complies with company/site safety policies and procedures; completes all required training and takes personal responsibility for the safety of themselves and others.
* Lead the depot/team in projects associated with the wider business.
Knowledge and Experience required:
* Takes ownership and works in an autonomous capacity.
* Excellent influencing and negotiation capabilities.
* Championing a Plan-Do-Review approach to ensure issues are resolved at root cause level.
* Computer literate, competent user of all Microsoft Office applications.
* Fluent in written and spoken English.
* Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
* Ideally degree level.
* Member of recognised associations an advantage.
Salary £30,000.00-£33,000.00pa- depends on experience
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.