Shift: Mon-Fri (Days)
we are looking to recruit an experienced, Transport manager with a proven track record of delivering into our busy Rugby depot.
Leading and managing the operational transport team, you will oversee the day to day running of the operation, ensuring all daily targets are met, with cost saving as the end goal.
You, as the Transport manager, will take responsibility for supporting aspects of team performance, whilst encouraging and leading continuous improvement activities within the department.
What will I be responsible for?
* Proactively contribute to the long-term resource planning of the site in regard to assets and recruitment and lead the short and medium term provision of resource using varying tools and information to ensure it is fit for purpose appropriate to the changing needs of the business and its customers
* Work collaboratively with our Myworkforce team to ensure compliance of all MWF tasks including resource planning and cost-effective utilisation of all drivers and equipment
* Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to reduce cost and improve service
* Proactively seeks to understand financial performance of the operation and takes ownership for addressing inefficiencies which impact on the depot’s P&L
* Actively develop the Transport team in increasing engagement, communication and people development
* Deliver improving financial performance for the operation, ensuring the site meets budget commitments by closely managing controlled costs
* Actively seeking to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs, increasing margin and meeting budget targets set
* To lead, develop and manage direct reports in a positive, energetic and consistent manner
* To lead and partner with Health & Safety representative on local and site initiatives including H&S induction and training
* Responsible for vehicle management, including liaison with fleet.
* Ensure compliance with transport / environmental legislation including any third party insurance claims
* Seeks to improve and maintain people KPI’s including attrition, absence, accident and H&S.
* Ensure & oversee that an effective vehicle defect reporting system is in place
* In conjunction with Fleet department, work to ensure vehicle maintenance planning is accurate and legal
* Ensure all vehicles are compliant with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements and where necessary escalating any identified issues and recommending resolution to the Depot Transport Manager
* Ensuring all transport staff (office and drivers) deliver the service appropriate to the changing needs of customers in line with relevant guidance and individual risk assessments
* Take the lead in resolving unforeseen problems as they arise ensuring appropriate resolution of these to utilise the learning to plan for future similar scenarios
What kind of person are you looking for?
Experience as a Transport Manager will be essential for this role. You will have a proven track record and must hold a Transport Managers CPC National Qualification
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.