TRANSPORT - COMPLIANCE - HAULAGE - WASTE - FORS - CPC
A fantastic opportunity for a Transport Manager / Planner has arisen within our haulage division.
The ideal candidate will hold a current CPC license, previous experience as a driver would be beneficial. This role will entail managing a fleet of circa 100 HGV vehicles, planning efficient routes between sites, managing the drivers, checking compliance, solving problems as they arise and liaising back with the Transport Director.
We offer great career progression within the group, your training & development is important to us.
This department is growing presenting many attractive opportunities nationwide.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Manage the transport team in the allocation and prioritising of workload to increase efficiency
· Effective and regular liaising with all other relevant departments to ensure efficiency across our projects;
· Ensure vehicle fleet is managed effectively i.e. vehicle compliance and vehicle servicing checks etc. and where necessary escalating any identified issues and recommending resolution at Director level
· Assist the admin team in order for them to maintain records and systems to ensure that the vehicle/s are not overloaded
· Ensuring that our vehicles are maintained properly, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and implementing actions to remedy any defects found
· Motivate the team to understand of all legislative requirements is communicated across the team
· Ensure that all authorised vehicles will be kept at the authorised operating centre(s) when not in use
· Notifying the relevant traffic commissioner of any changes to licence(s) or drivers etc. that are necessary;
· Actively develop the Transport team in increasing engagement, communication and people development
· Manage and collate necessary information and documentation to apply for (and maintain) FORS accreditation.
· Ensuring all drivers comply with driver hours and tachograph rules and adhere to legislation including speed limits;
Experience / Knowledge
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
* At least two years’ experience in a similar logistics role
* Experience of FORS accreditation and going through this audit process
* Experience of managing HGV fleet
* Experience of managing an operators licence
* Ideally some experience in the construction materials sector
* Working knowledge of health and safety legislation relevant to the workplace
* Strong computer skills – including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as a minimum
* The ability to follow and provide clear instructions
* Strong organisational skills
* Transport Manager CPC National Qualification.
* HGV class 1 & 2 would be a preference (this demonstrates hands-on experience in the role you will be managing)
· Be proactive in getting to understand the wider business objectives, and in line with this, look for and contribute ideas to increase efficiency and improve service
· Proactively contribute to the long-term resource planning of the Transport Department with regard to assets and people resource (recruitment)
· Proactively seek to understand the financial performance of the operation and take ownership for addressing inefficiencies which impact on the departments P&L
· Communicate with confidence to a wide range of stakeholders and be capable of working within a team as well as individually
· Take the lead in resolving unforeseen problems as they arise ensuring appropriate resolution of these to utilise the learning to plan for future similar scenarios
· Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
· Pension Scheme
· Private healthcare
· Possible career growth for the right candidate
· An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
· A stimulating & dynamic environment
· Dedicated Training & Development Department
· Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
· In-house barista
· Subsidised meals offered at lunchtimes
· State of the art, two-floor gym
· Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
· Range of gym classes including yoga, pilates, boot camp & muay thai
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.