We are seeking to recruit an experienced Transport Manager for our
Nottingham based client. Reporting into the sites General Manager, you
will have have overall responsibility for ensuring the efficient and
cost-effective running of the Transport operation, to the agreed
budgets and service targets. To ensure full compliance with all
relevant Transport legislation, working closely with the Warehouse
operation to develop and implement efficiencies.
Ideal experience required for the job;
* CPC Holder
* Previous proven transport management experience in an FMCG
* Leadership skills including the ability to enthuse and motivate.
* Previous responsibility for Transport P&L
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Drive, determination and a proven track record in delivering
* Exposure to operating within a commercial environment sufficient
to develop effective customer service and commercial
* A strong working knowledge of Health & Safety in the workplace.
* PC Literate.
* O Licence Holder
* Manage fleet utilisation and legal compliance to O Licence
* Ensure compliance of the operation to Quality systems, industry
standards and legal requirements.
* Promote high standards of hygiene and housekeeping, ensuring
compliance to all legislative Health & Safety requirements.
* Promote and ensure a consistent, thorough and fair approach to the
implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures.
* Provide leadership; encouraging a learning environment whilst
* Ensure efficient planning, reviewing and communication of
operational requirement and change.
* Setting/agreeing targets, and gaining commitment from direct
reports to targets including budgets and plans.
* Monitor transport and general business KPI's, ensuring that they
are met and continually improved upon.
* Continually review all aspects of the operation and drive
improvements in methods, procedures and efficiencies.
* Build positive customer relationships with both internal and
external customers, responding constructively to all requests in a
* Create and maintain an environment that encourages employee
participation and effective teamwork.
* Ensure employees are involved in the success of the organisation
through continual feedback and positive communication.
* Ensure delivery of cost and service requirements by associated
external agencies and contractors
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.