About Us: At Phoenix Group we are committed to excellence and dedicated to our customers’ needs. We are pivotal to enabling healthy lives, every day, all day.
As a pan-European wholesaling and retail company we do that in many ways be that via our 490 plus community pharmacies, 13 nationwide distribution depots or our growing specialty services portfolio. Our 6,000 colleagues make all of this happen successfully.
Supporting longer, healthier and happier lives is at the heart of the trusted service that we deliver to our communities and something that we are really proud of.
If you are passionate about progressive people and progressive healthcare, we’d love you to be part of our team.
About The Opportunity: We are looking for a Transport Manager based at our Birmingham Depot. Reporting to the Depot Manager, your overall responsibility will be to control and organise an efficient transport operation which meets the needs of our customers by providing a reliable service using all available resources to minimize costs, maximize profit and provide a first class service to our customers within legal and regulatory guidelines.
In this role you will:
* Control the disciplines and activities of all van drivers to ensure an efficient service is provided to the Depot’s customer base.
* Maintain adequate staffing levels
* Address all training needs to provide a sustained quality service
* Work closely with the Depot Manager to achieve measurable and controllable KPI’s and budget targets
* Review and optimise van routes by working closely with the Depot Manager, National Distribution Team and Sales team
* In conjunction with the Group Health & Safety Manager, you will also be responsible for the implementation of current laws and regulations relating to Health and Safety.
Who We Want: You must be able to demonstrate strong people leadership skills and achievement of KPIs from a senior management role. Essentially you will have experience of working in adherence with standard operating procedures and health and safety legislation along with an understanding of guidelines governed by external bodies.
Our successful candidate will also have excellent communication skills and be motivated to continuously improve and achieve excellence. You will thrive on challenge and seek opportunities to enhance our customer offer and colleague experience without hesitation.
The main skills and experience we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate must have experience of working within a multi drop transport operation or in a similar role. You should also have previous experience of effectively managing people and come to this role with strong leadership qualities and clear communication skills.
Working knowledge of MCA / GDP / ISO / FTA / VOSA procedures is also advantageous.
A driving license is essential and you must be competent in Microsoft Office Applications with Word & Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint to an intermediate standard at a minimum.
The hours of work will be discussed at interview stage with a flexible approach being essential
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.