A great opportunity has arisen to join an iconic British brand and a dynamic team with big plans! We are looking for a Transport Manager to join our G Plan Distribution function at this exciting time of growth.
We’ve been around since 1953, so we know a lot about making the perfect sofa - but we certainly don’t just sit back and rest on our laurels. We strive to improve at every opportunity, driving the business forward and evolving the brand. We are guardians of our heritage but embrace the very latest in technology and innovation from manufacturing to marketing.
As a leader of our Transport team, you will work alongside your operational and distribution colleagues in our purpose-built Wiltshire manufacturing facility and head office. The heart of the organisation, this is where we proudly hand-make every single G Plan sofa and chair. A G Plan sofa is an investment piece and our consumers know they are buying a sofa designed with the values of enduring comfort and quality at its core.
Within this fast-paced role, you will be responsible for leading the transport operation in a cost effective and efficient manner to satisfy the businesses and customers’ requirements.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Construction and setting of the annual transport budget (circa £1.4 million) taking into account resource requirements and market values for all raw materials and equipment and aligning this to forecast sales.
* Day to day management of staff, permanent and agency, and the transport fleet along with outside contractors on multiple sites.
* Construction of the weekly transport plan in the most cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring that all orders are delivered in line with this plan.
* Employing outside transport resource as required and monitoring these for adherence to pre agreed service level agreements.
* Reporting on agreed weekly KPIs and ensuring adherence to customer issued KPIs.
* Continually monitoring fuel prices to ensure cost effectiveness.
* Organising, motivating and encouraging teamwork within the department and with other departments to ensure weekly targets are met.
* Compiling drivers weekly wage information for wages department.
* Ensuring compliance to all drivers’ legal requirements such as hours, working time directive, driver infringements, Department of Transport regulations and operational legislation.
* Organising the recruitment and training of staff in line with company requirements.
* Actively practicing continual improvement looking for opportunities to enhance department performance.
You will be an experienced Transport Manager, with a good understanding of the general transport network and the UK transport industry.
You will have experience in team management and the ability to lead and develop a cohesive transport team. Possession of a Level 3 CPC qualification is desirable.
Experience in the use of Paragon routing software and the integration of this with Webfleet is not essential but will be beneficial. You will need to be proficient in the use of Excel, including the use of pivot tables and V Look ups.
If you have the passion and commitment to help us continue to manufacture and deliver our quality products, then we would love to hear from you. In return we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including; 24 days annual leave plus public holidays, group pension scheme, life assurance, company sick pay, staff purchase scheme, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.