Workforce Battalion are currently seeking a Transport Manager on behalf of one of our client.
To manage operational facilities and manage and develop all aspects of the transport function, in line with legal requirements and company standards of performance.
* Develop a national distribution operation with cross dock and urban fleet profile, utilising outsourced solutions where financially/environmentally appropriate in order to satisfy customer demand. Manage company facilities in line with that profile and the requirements of the business continuity plan
* Manage the fleet profile to include numbers and types of vehicles, mileage and running costs in line with business requirements
* Ensure all vehicles and drivers conform to relevant health and safety and Road Traffic legislation
* Ensure that all Transport Co-ordinators and drivers are appropriately trained and qualified
* Ensure the process for route planning and vehicle loading is appropriate and suggest improvements where possible
* Advise management team on the interpretation and likely impact of developments in relevant legislation and best practice.
* People management experience
* Demonstrates experience of managing a large fleet and driver workforce, with both national and urban distribution profiles
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.